Author Topic: Raising the height of the handlebars by three inches  (Read 1667 times)

ldglen

• View Profile
Raising the height of the handlebars by three inches
« on: September 10, 2022, 06:10:00 PM »
Does anyone know of a stem extension for the Rad Expand 5.  And does anyone know the size of the stem riser in diameter.  I want the handlebars raised about 3 inches and the tilt  feature is not working for what I need.

Eric7

• View Profile
Re: Raising the height of the handlebars by three inches
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 08:09:06 PM »
https://www.radowners.com/index.php/topic,2076.0.html

I suggest buying a micrometer so you can measure things yourself.  Others here may help you out.  See my earlier thread - there are many things to consider - the biggest one may be that your stem, the steering tube, is not so long so you have to think about that.

markflys1

• View Profile
Re: Raising the height of the handlebars by three inches
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 03:52:52 PM »
Does anyone know of a stem extension for the Rad Expand 5.  And does anyone know the size of the stem riser in diameter.  I want the handlebars raised about 3 inches and the tilt  feature is not working for what I need.
Just recently bought expand 5 and immediately had to come up with stem extension and longer seat post. My dimensions are 6feet with 34 inch inseam. Went to local bike shop and picked up a Kalloy 820 Stem-110MM 31.8 adjustable clamp 1 1/8 inch aluminum. Worked fantastic.Also added Bontrager 400mm length seatpost. Seat post interface on expand 5 is 27.2mm. Also worked great. So it is fair to say that any stem riser with 1 1/8 inch clamp is ok and any 27.2mm seat post will work. Did find out though that with stem extension that are not able to fold handle bars due to lack of slack in wiring and cables. So have found it necessary to loosen adjustable clamp to make fold properly. I would guess that if you were to use ?non adjustable? riser you will have to get creative with coming up with good way to fold handlebars. Tried to make up extra slack in wires ect to no avail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum