News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Inspector Gadget’s got nothing on me. Garage storage

Started by 1Eye, December 01, 2020, 03:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

1Eye

I thought I'd share how I store our Rad Rover Step-thrus in my garage for the winter.

;D

1Eye

Tried to add a video but looks like it always fails even though it is less than 5mb.

Altema

Now THAT, is pretty slick! I'm in a bit of a quandary because I've been keeping mine in the house, but I plan on riding even in the snow. Bringing a snow covered bike into the house might not be the best thing, lol. I really just need to unload my trailer and fold it up against the wall like I designed it to, and that will give me plenty of space.

1Eye

I wanted to get them off the floor since they take up so much room.

I went to Harbor Freight and bought an ATV winch with remote control for $60, 2 of their bike pulleys at $10 each, some airplane steel cable, then on to tractor supply for a few pulleys add in some stuff I already had and the rest is history as they say.

I bought the $10 bike pulleys simply for the hooks they have that work perfect for the handle bars and seat.

I have to say that it is very satisfying to hit a button on the remote and watch them raise up to the ceiling or lower to the floor.  :P

CynicalZombie

Quote from: 1Eye on December 01, 2020, 03:42:44 PM
I thought I'd share how I store our Rad Rover Step-thrus in my garage for the winter.

;D

Wow, I really like it!  Though I wouldn't store them with the batteries attached.

Ryan

Quote from: 1Eye on December 01, 2020, 03:46:57 PM
Tried to add a video but looks like it always fails even though it is less than 5mb.

We have to be somewhat conscious of space, especially with videos. If you have a way of sending it to me I'd be happy to upload it to my YouTube channel (or you can do the same). Thanks for sharing, this is awesome!