News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Don't buy a RadWagon if you need air in your tires

Started by Dano, November 29, 2020, 09:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Dano

I'll be honest--i love my RadWagon4. But RadPower bikes service and support is terrible. They published on the website that replacement tubes would be available when the bike shipped. Then the support staff promised they would let me know as soon as replacement tubes were available, but I guess they didn't and they are sold out again.

totsubo

Quote from: Dano on November 29, 2020, 09:40:00 PM
I'll be honest--i love my RadWagon4. But RadPower bikes service and support is terrible. They published on the website that replacement tubes would be available when the bike shipped. Then the support staff promised they would let me know as soon as replacement tubes were available, but I guess they didn't and they are sold out again.

They promised me the same thing. I was checking their site daily and it is how I found out they were available. I still have not received the email stating that they were available.

massassi

cant you just buy a pair of tubes at the LBS or Canadian Tire?

cheap shot

My theory is that Rad went all in on trying to customize the riding experience before the pandemic.  Of course the pandemic hits, and all their customizations are getting manufacturing/shipping delays that they didn't count on.  I wish they would have been better at communication up front when they realized all their custom designs were going to be severely impacted, but it is what it is.  I finally got my running board this month, and I was able to score some replacement tubes since I'll be traveling a long distance with the bike and don't want to be caught without one.  I also told Rad when I ordered the bike that I wanted tubes but they weren't available, so they were able to refund me the shipping cost.

SicNic

I was able to score a set of replacement tires and tubes - you just need to make sure you sign up for in-stock alerts and then buy them as soon as you get the alert.

Joel52334

Do we really need RP advertisements in the RP Forums?
I'm an RW4 owner. I'm not using any of these ancient forums. (ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM). Instead look for @joelhuebner, joel.huebner, joel.huebner@gmail.com, joel52334.
That's where you will find me.
This forum uses UTC time. GMT-0.  I'm at GMT-5 CDT.

Calson

Many places online that sell tubes for 20x3 inch tires including bike parts suppliers and even Amazon where one can buy a Serfas Bicycle Tube - Schrader (20X2.6/3.0 - Schrader) for $11.95 with free shipping. There is no reason whatsoever to buy bicycle tubes from a bike manufacturer. With the bikes I have owned over the past 60 years the tubes were bought at the nearest bike shop or from online companies. If any of my cars or trucks needed a new tire or inner tube I bought it at a tire dealer or auto supply store and not at an automobile dealership - same applies with e-bikes.

Rad sells the tubes as a convenience for customers and no reason to slam them for being out of stock during the pandemic which is still affecting suppliers around the globe in case you have not noticed. 

Battery packs are a different matter and there needs to be standardization so one can buy any any battery pack and put it on any bike. At this time Rad is out of stock of batteries for their 2018 and newer bikes.

roper

Calson,
I think you missed that the RW4 tires are 22"x3" that are a custom size from RP that's nowhere else available yet. So unless some other manufacturer did by now pick up on this, they are only available from RP. So the complaint was a legit one. That said, at least in the European shop the tubes and tires have been available for some time now and can be readily purchased last time  checked.

sc00ter

BMX bikes come in 22"s now. Just get on a good BMX parts website for inner-tubes. And some BMX bikes actually run wide tires as well. 22" is common now.

stickyvalve

Amazon sells 22" tires and tubes---lots of them.

totsubo

I'm sourcing the tires and tubes on Amazon. I'm still having a hard time finding 3" wide tires in 22".

I went on the BMX website: https://us.sourcebmx.com/

Their 22" tires are "2.30 in. GMD Multi-Surface Design, 60 PSI" in width as opposed to 3" in width.

If anyone has links to a 3 in. wide tire and a tube that will fit the RadWagon 4, please post the link.