News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

How to store a battery over the winter months

Started by CraigT, November 27, 2020, 08:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

CraigT

I'm a new owner.  I've ridden a few times and barely touched the battery usage. I've recharged per instructions. Now, due to cold weather, I need to set the bikes aside for a few months.  How do I store the batteries that are currently on full charge?  I couldn't ride enough to get the power down by much - it's cold outside.  Is it critical that I take 25% off the charge or just store as is?  Do I put the bike up on blocks and try to run down the power or is there another method or is not that critical.

Altema

If you cannot ride, then you could turn on the bike lights, and leave them on for a few days. I'd check progress once a day. It will be slow, but the wheel spinning freely won't drain the battery quickly either, and the lights won't wear out.

VictorJay

Hi, How do you know when you're at 75%? I can't see any thing on the battery indicator when I press the round button, is the controller the only way to tell? 

Altema

Quote from: VictorJay on November 29, 2020, 11:36:13 AM
Hi, How do you know when you're at 75%? I can't see any thing on the battery indicator when I press the round button, is the controller the only way to tell?
The key switch on the battery needs to be turned on for the power indicator to work. It does not need to be installed on the bike for this. Two green lights out of three would be good.