News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Radwagon Cargo 2019? replacement motor

Started by CanadianBrickCafe, April 27, 2024, 06:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

CanadianBrickCafe

Hello everyone, I hope you are all in high spirits today.

My Radwagon will not start so I am here to get some advice, I tried reseating all the cables as well as cleaning all the connections with no luck

after hours of Googling several people mentioned it may be the controller. LSW765-28-5FB-19 x19060006322 so I purchased an upgrade kit from...
https://www.affordableebikes.ca/products/radpower-controller-lcd-display-upgrade-35a-controller-kit?variant=43797810905242&currency=CAD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&srsltid=AfmBOoqZPkMWrdcedymHcgCMid-TyEHlfpSTT5YQaPq_wfNEl6JMLY3MHys

I hired Velofix come by today to install the upgraded controller I noted above but they had the same issue I was having before with the new controller kit. I hired them as I wanted paperwork showing I hired a "Professional" Bike repair person to do the installation for warranty.

This didn't fix the issue and I have the same problem. So I am thinking now it may be the wire harness. But I am also thinking if I am going to get a new wire-harness I might as well also finish the upgrades and replace the motor (Shengyi Hybrid) Direct Drive motor ? with something better.

The reason why I want to get these upgrades is because this e-bike has a very hard time getting up hills here in Burnaby BC Canada, more often than not I have to get off the bike and walk up the hill.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I would prefer ordering from a Canadian source vs ordering from our friends south of the border in the USA due to high shipping and border-related fees.

Thanks in advance

Banjopete

For stuff like this I'd just bite the bullet and go to suppliers that do it regularly for this model and get the items that fit, and work and suck it up.

Since you're in the lower mainland, a quick hop across the border might help you out but I'd just as soon ship it and save the time personally. Before you go replacing everything I'd make sure the outputs from the controller are working as expected, it's just an electrical circuit, so I'd make sure I'm getting voltage and amperages as expected and signal wires are doing what they should be.  You may have a brake cable cutting power, or no power to the motor, or something like that that'll trip up any new controller and motor combo.

I haven't looked for a diagram myself (haven't needed to fortunately!) but I'd start there with an multimeter and a coffee.

Let me know how it goes, I'm keen for the controller and motor upgrade myself when the time comes.