News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Lefthand thumb throttle/trigger shifters RadWagon4

Started by IrishRad, October 27, 2020, 06:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

IrishRad

I just said I'd put this up for anyone interested in doing the same,I've been cycling for years and love my new radwagon 4, it's my first ebike and I haven't been off it since I got it. The one thing I didn't like was the gear shifter and decided to change it to trigger shifters like on the rest of my bikes, but to do this I had to change the righthand twist throttle because of clearance issues with gear triggers on new one. I put a thumb throttle on left and then put the display buttons on right hand side, this allows clearance for trigger shifters, I had already changed the original rubber grips that came on the bike to Ergon GC1 grips(first picture,Rohloff/Nexus option for righthand twist throttle) and now after doing this swap around tonight I will change the grips to standard Ergon GC1,I also cut the lefthand ergon grip down to size to fit the throttle on the grip side of the brake lever bracket, I will do the same with new right hand grip when delivered

Ryan

Thanks for sharing this. I'll have to see if I can get a set of the Nexus ones so I can do a video review and share it with more folks.

Baudler