News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

screen wont power up

Started by fwtxowner, October 19, 2020, 01:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

fwtxowner

hello.  how bout that ride in?

went to power up the bike yesterday and my screen wont power up (i guess the bike wont either).  checked the battery, full charge.  checked all connections, no issues.  checked the battery seat and all was good there.  tried to power up from all three key positions and nothing happens.  contacted my repair guy and he said to push the key in and turn to the right to really feel if it engages.  tried that and it didnt work either.

have sent RAD a message but am not holding out much hope.  when i got the bike the rear brake was barely functional.  CS was less than helpful.  hoping that isnt the case this time. 

in the meantime, anyone got  any ideas? 

thanks in advance!

Ryan

Sounds like you checked all of the things I would. I've had it where the battery isn't seated properly and you're not able to get the key to the rightmost position. You would get an error if the brakes are engaged when trying to turn it on so that's likely not the issue either.

Mountaintrails

I had same issue when I first got my Rover. Turned out the connection on the main power cable that had a chrome looking screw connection was not properly together. I took it apart and fitted it back together and it worked. I then checked the other bike and although it was functioning it was barely connected. It is probably a connection issue.. good luck.