Author Topic: Changed out Large Front Basket for smaller Front-Mounted Basket  (Read 5264 times)

BoscoMN

• View Profile
Changed out Large Front Basket for smaller Front-Mounted Basket
« on: October 17, 2020, 02:18:03 PM »
I had used the Large Front Basket on my RadRover for about 2 years, along with the Large Basket Bag.  Both were great for my commute to work to carry my laptop where I believe that front fork's shock helped protect it a bit more than placing it in my rear panniers.  Now with COVID and fortunately enough to be working from home, I don't have to carry anything that big and heavy so high up on the bike.  So I swapped it out for the just released smaller front mounted basket.  I like its smaller bulk as it does not use the Front Rack frame but bolts right to the bike frame.  I repurposed an earlier bike light bracket to mount the Premium Light up above the bottom of the basket.  This gave it plenty of clearance from the tire and the suspension travel.

BoscoMN

• View Profile
Re: Changed out Large Front Basket for smaller Front-Mounted Basket
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 02:24:30 PM »
Here is a photo of the light mounted on the basket.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Changed out Large Front Basket for smaller Front-Mounted Basket
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 07:17:35 PM »
Looks great! With the new front basket they offer which was released with the RadMission it's hard to justify the front rack with the original small basket (as opposed to just buying the Front-Mounted Basket shown here).

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum