News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Why no hitch hoist rack?

Started by Mudder, October 13, 2020, 02:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Mudder

In consideration of all the $150 hitch sliding and swivel hoists for hunters to load 300 lb game in trucks, has anyone seen or made a similar product, with a bike carrier instead of the wire mesh platform?  Seems like a market for roll-on loading of dual e bikes.   Tried a forum search.

Bob Rivera

What a great idea. Im working on a motorcycle single rack carrier with a 400lb capacity. It also has a loading ramp. With very few mods, it will work for heavy ebike. it is alot more cheaper than a Hollywood rack. I have a RRSS.

Mudder

Yes, wish I had not sold my similar Black Widow dirt bike ramp from Discount Ramps.  I called them about mods to their product for this market and they blew me off.

Altema

There's a couple of designs that would work well for big e-bikes. The dirt bike ramp posted by Mudder would need little work to make it e-bike friendly, and I'm not sure if it already does this, but it seems like the ramp could slide underneath the bike support on tracks, and lock in place for storage while driving.

The hoist type would also not be difficult: A vertical square tube as the main support with the winch on top, lifting the e-bike support frame off the ground, with a pair of lynch pins locking it into position. I recall seeing a bike carrier that worked for fat bikes, and the tire supports folded when not in use. Using that as a base would be a good starting point.

VictorJay

I purchased a motorcycle rack from Joe Hauler" out of San Diego, a little heavy for our bikes but I hauled my 300 lb scooter all over Western US with not 1 problem. I called 6 months ago and he's thinking of one. The aluminum ramp is super.
Maybe this year!

Mudder

Yes the motorcycle ramp locks in storage for transport.  As far as a hoist, even a simple two pulley hand line, block and tackle style would help.   Waiting for the Radrover 5 to arrive to judge PU loading issues.