News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Warrentee parts from Rad

Started by how, October 07, 2020, 01:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

how

I live in Victoria BC within a 100 miles of Seattle's Rad power Bikes.

I have been working with Rad on an intermittent power problem with a 2 1/2 month old RadRover step thru and a couple of days ago, with no preliminary warning, they sent me a notice of intent to send me a replacement controller  (shipping free) under warrantee. It says the controller costs $139.00 less a $100.00 warrantee refund plus taxes leaving me with a $39.00 charge.

I have responded with an email contesting the warrantee refund not covering the full cost of the part. No mention of any replacement labor even though I am quite willing to replace the controller myself.

Friends of mine who are involved in warrantee repairs and replacement parts routinely send warrantee items across International borders with a nominal $1.00 value.

Am I out of line on my warrantee reasoning with a new bike and has anyone else had this experience with Rad.

how

They have just emailed me now saying they've reviewed my complaint saying that it was an honest mistake and will be refunding me the $39.00 charge.
Sorry for the whine.

Ryan

Glad they got it sorted. Always good to see Rad taking care of their customers.