News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Anyone using Slime

Started by Dan B, September 29, 2020, 12:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

jmamtai

Hi everyone. New to Radrover a couple of days ago when I got a deal on a 2019. Didn't see a welcome page but I probably didn't see it. lol
I use stans on tubeless mtb tires and I didn't experience the sealant spraying out. Bike was on the wall and I noticed a thorn. Pulled it out and heard the hiss. Rotated tire for hole at bottom and it sealed right up. Never had even a slow leak and that was months ago. I think there are 2 reasons that sealant would leak out. 1- hole is BIG!  😆
2- I think high pressure tires are more prone to pushing the sealant out. I may be stating the obvious to some folk but thought I'd give my 2 cents to see if it make sense. And say hi to the RAD crowd. 👋

sc00ter

I slipped out of work for a secret mission and got a flat tire on my RadRunner 1! the dreaded "F" word! I had to run to Wally Mart to grab a Scabs patch kit (I normally carry one but left it out of my trunk) that included some cheap tire levers. It took me a total of 45 minutes total to patch the tube and put the bike back together. And this was in a lab on a padded floor with compressed air at my disposal. The smallest/sharpest piece of metal is what got me! Oh, and one of the cheap tire levers snapped. Time for quality tire levers and some Mr. Tuffy Tan tire liners!

Veggyhed

I do use slime in my tires and it has saved me. I have gone to commute to work and found my front tire flat and all I did was pump it up after pulling the goat head out and the puncture sealed itself from the slime.
The future really is tubeless tires with sealant in them and I'd be curious if anybody's converted their tires to tubeless. Tubes really are going away.
I would really like to try the tannus armor inserts but they do not make them for my 20-in wheels

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

dmann

New to this using of Stans or Slime, is it intended to use on tubed tires, was going to put it in my new Rad Mini tires as a preventive measure before my first riding season coming up. Is it as easy as removing tire valves, injecting 2 oz, rotate tires to distribute sealant, reinflat tires, snd can i do this on the bike! Sorry for the rediculous questions but never worked with these new sealants.

Veggyhed

I am actually very curious about Stan's I have never heard of this company before.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk