News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

How to decide between Rad City 4 and Rad City ST

Started by va-biker, September 22, 2020, 10:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

va-biker

Hi Guys,
   I want to buy a Rad City, but the sizing chart says that my legs (31") might not be long enough for me to stand over the frame. Rad City ST, however may now provide the full extension. Any suggestions from owners of both. Also I live in the Washington DC area and wondering if a Rad owner here would be willing to let me try it out for sizing.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0799/9645/t/67/assets/Inseam_Sizing_Chartv2_2000x.png?v=3386053788658396007

Thanks !

TDR

My girlfriend has the Rad City ST and I have the Rad City 4. I'm 6ft tall with a 32" inseam and getting my leg over the frame requires that I lean the bike down some. I would go for the step through.

Tim50

I chose the ST because of the ease of getting on & off the bike. I'm an older rider & swinging my leg up & over is getting tougher. LOL I've had the ST now for almost a month with no regrets! Good luck with your decision!

Gene Pozniakoff

I have both a Rad City ST & Reg. frame. The ST is easier to mount, but I prefer my Reg. frame for riding. The geometry is very different on both bikes, and it "feels" solid. That being said, I am 6 ft tall, weigh 260 and ride fast and hard. My wife rides her ST a lot, but at a more casual clip. Some of the decisions may be due to where and how you ride.  And, of course, your experience level!
Today, on my ride into work, 11 miles w/ 590 ft. elevation gain, my avg. speed 16.4 mph, max speed 28.6 mph in PAS 0 down a big hill, and total time 39.5 minutes.
Good luck, you cannot go wrong with either bike! Enjoy!

Andy Finney

I have the ST. I'm only 55 but I find the more upright posture of the ST to be more comfortable. You will probably want to upgrade the seat to a more comfortable one and seat post to the shock mount.