Author Topic: New Rad city ST arrived  (Read 4413 times)

Dan B

• View Profile
New Rad city ST arrived
« on: September 16, 2020, 12:39:40 PM »
New Rad city ST arrived yesterday. Spend about 2 hours this am putting it together, tightening the spokes and adjusting the brake pads and levers. The shipping went well with no damage found. The tires were low and needed inflated. The only issue on the test ride was it had difficulty shifting from 7th to 6th. The remainder is a little chatty. I will check out the adjustment video and hopefully get the problem resolved. It does shift and feel much different than my Rad Rover. It has little rolling resistance but a little harsher ride. My wife loves the white color of her new bike

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New Rad city ST arrived
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 06:48:21 PM »
Try the barrell adjuster first. I've had good luck with that for minor adjustments.

Dan B

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 06:58:24 PM »
Try the barrell adjuster first. I've had good luck with that for minor adjustments.
\
Yep for sure... I watched the Park video regarding the gear adjustment...Once I got the high gear centered with the set screw adjuster, then just a matter of dialing in each cog with the barrel adjuster. Finished up with the final adjustment on the low gear with the other set adjustment screw. Smooth as butter now.

Andy Finney

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 08:22:39 AM »
Dan B - When did you order your City ST? I am interested in how long it took to get the white one. I ordered two City ST's - one black and one white. I received the black one on September 10th - still waiting for the white one.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 08:22:39 AM »