News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Tannus on the Rad Rover 6 Plus

Started by Tree, August 22, 2022, 02:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Tree

1. Anyone here go with Tannus liners on their RR 6+?
2. If so, what's your experience been as far as flats and, equally as important, your ride?

rjp

Don't waste your money on the Tannus Armor, Get Mr. Tuffy liners and use Flat Out tire sealant.

Tree

Quote from: rjp on August 22, 2022, 06:04:48 PM
Don't waste your money on the Tannus Armor, Get Mr. Tuffy liners and use Flat Out tire sealant.

Care to elaborate as to why they're a waste, and why you prefer Mr. Tuffy?

Rover

I've had Tannus on several ebikes (including my current City 5 Plus). I'm having them installed next week on my Rover 6 Plus. I've had nothing but a good experience with them. No effects on the ride or anything else I've noticed. Except.....no flats! Which is the point. I have nothing to say about other systems. My experience has been with Tannus and I'm very pleased. YMMV.

Tree

Quote from: Rover on August 22, 2022, 08:04:13 PM
I've had Tannus on several ebikes (including my current City 5 Plus). I'm having them installed next week on my Rover 6 Plus. I've had nothing but a good experience with them. No effects on the ride or anything else I've noticed. Except.....no flats! Which is the point. I have nothing to say about other systems. My experience has been with Tannus and I'm very pleased. YMMV.

I appreciate the details. No reduction in range on how far your battery will take you?

rjp

UPDATE. I knew I read it somewhere, so I got out my Tannus installation guide and on page 3 under Tips For Installing Tannus Armour it states (It is common for the Amour to compress over time. It still is providing shock absorption and puncture resistance but will perform better when properly maintained. To minimize compression deflate the tires while not use. This allows the Armour compound to rebound to provide ideal performance.) So does that mean when your not riding your bike, your suppose to let the air out of the tires? I'm sorry but that's not happening. I don't know how everyone else feels, but if I would have known that earlier, I would not have purchased the Armours. 

scotiez

Quote from: rjp on August 22, 2022, 06:04:48 PM

I tried the tannus even after doing extensive research on this product. In a lot of reviews they state the inner tubes shipped with the tannus are crap, with weak valve stems to having holes in the tube. My experience is after installing it on one tire and then installing it on the other I went to finish airing up the tire and before I even got 20 LBS in the tire I heard air leaking from a hole in the inner tube. I decided to scrap the tannus and install Mr. Tuffy liners. The Mr Tuffy was a lot easier to install then the tannus and I haven't had a problem since. I have put almost 300 miles on the bike since doing this with no regrets. 

Rover

Quote from: Tree on August 22, 2022, 09:50:19 PM

I appreciate the details. No reduction in range on how far your battery will take you?

No reduction in range. No effects on ride. I?ve had them on 4 ebikes now (2 Treks and 2 Rads). There has been no impact on mileage or ride. If anything a slight improvement in ride quality but I have no independent way to verify this so I can?t assert it as fact. What I do know without any doubt is????..no flats! Which is why I bought the tannus. The ride and battery mileage are unaffected. As I said, if anything, the ride is a bit better.  Of course there are other options. So if you subscribe to the anti-tannus beliefs you don?t have to install the tannus liners. That in itself it a beautiful thing. You get to be the boss of you.

Tree

Quote from: Rover on August 31, 2022, 10:39:36 PM
Quote from: Tree on August 22, 2022, 09:50:19 PM

No reduction in range. No effects on ride. I?ve had them on 4 ebikes now (2 Treks and 2 Rads). There has been no impact on mileage or ride. If anything a slight improvement in ride quality but I have no independent way to verify this so I can?t assert it as fact. What I do know without any doubt is????..no flats! Which is why I bought the tannus. The ride and battery mileage are unaffected. As I said, if anything, the ride is a bit better.  Of course there are other options. So if you subscribe to the anti-tannus beliefs you don?t have to install the tannus liners. That in itself it a beautiful thing. You get to be the boss of you.

lol indeed.

i don't suppose i'm part of either crowd - i simply don't have them :D

Rover

[/quote]

But Tree--you advised all RAD owners on this forum not to buy the Tannus. That makes you part of the anti-tannus crowed to my way of thinking.

rjp

Rover, Think again, you have the post people mixed up. Duha

Tree

Quote from: Rover on September 01, 2022, 03:46:02 PM

But Tree--you advised all RAD owners on this forum not to buy the Tannus. That makes you part of the anti-tannus crowed to my way of thinking.
[/quote]

Not I. Perhaps you've got me confused with someone else?

Rover

rjp--here is your post on this thread, August 22: 
"Don't waste your money on the Tannus Armor, Get Mr. Tuffy liners and use Flat Out tire sealant."

Tree--apologies--I did indeed cross some wires here.

jbfoster

I bought Tannus for my Rover 5. About a year later I got a flat and the liners were flat as a pancake. Also it's buried on their site that riding on a flat does not apply to fat tire bikes so if you get a flat you are walking. No I'm not delating my tires just about every day.

Jim