News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

rad 750 watt motor gear ratio

Started by ejonesss, August 29, 2020, 09:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

ejonesss

i know that the radwagon 4 is not out yet but other rad bikes i assume use the same hub motor so does anyone know what the reduction ratio of the motor is?

also what motor do they use? are they just relabeling 8fun/bafang motors like the voltbike mariner bikes do?

i am thinking i may have to add a mid drive like the cyclone original 48 volt 1600 watt version.

if the motor is the same bafang then it is possible that the freewheel mount could be sheared off by the torque so i may have to use the brake disk mount instead as they are stronger.

Ryan

Rad uses Bafang motors on all models except the RadCity and the RadMission (not sure what the RadMission uses). The motors are 5:1 planetary gear reduction.

From the rad wagon page:

Hub Motor
Geared Hub Motor with 5:1 Planetary Reduction

Looks like a rebranded Bafang motor but till we get someone who has one reporting we won't know the specifics of the motor

ejonesss

what bafang hub g310 or 311 and can it be opened up without unlacing the wheel also has anyone worn out a gear cluster or clutch?

Altema

You can remove the motor components without removing or unlacing the outer casing.