News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Odd clicking noise located "Finally"

Started by Dan B, August 28, 2020, 07:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Dan B

Got my new Radrover the other day and after about 50 miles noticed a clicking noise that sounded like it was coming from the controller area, but also sounded like towards the front. It would happen when I was pedaling or not. I would happen with throttle only or not. It would happen with suspension locked or not. It would happen with the battery off or not. The clicking noise did not sound like spokes though.. but I tightened them anyway, first a 1/4 then another 1/4 but the noise was still there. The noise would happen over cracks and bumps in road but sometimes on very smooth road.
      Then I decided to stand up on the bike and use the throttle, when this was done the noise would stop. When I would sit down the noise would start. I then determined that I had adjusted the seat and that little locking lever was to close to the post when locked so when I would hit a bump or adjust my weight the post would flex enough to strike the lever. When I moved the lever away from the post the noise was gone. Moral of story is check everything.

FortunatelyTheMilk

Nice find! As my brother the mechanic often says; "Check the simple things first!"

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk