News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Front rack for my rover

Started by W Kevin Dougherty, October 13, 2020, 03:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

W Kevin Dougherty

I finally got a front rack (black) and I have installed it... sort of.  Well built, attractive and fairly straightforward. No instructions (where should I run the wires?) Missing some screws and washers? Biggest problem- the light. A extension wire was provided (how should it be run?) but the attachment point for the headlight bracket is not tapped for any of the screws that were provided or removed and the headlight can not be mounted under the rack.
What size are the "standard" screws that rad uses? What size screw is intended to be used to attach the bracket?
It is now a safety issue not having a front light!
Kevin

jasonash

Hi Kevin,

I was a little confused about how to install my front rack too until I came across this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ETWKB4-vJ8

I hope this helps.

Jason

W Kevin Dougherty

Well I figured out that the standard screws used are M6x1.0, I called customer service and they were no help at all ,didn't know what screw size didn't know if they had a different size for the light bracket, told me to go to my local bike shop...I live in rural PA, no local bike shops I got it figured out at local tractor supply, but no.metric screws, taps, drills.

Mountaintrails

I ended up using a screw from when i installed my rear rack that was a spare, to mount my light. The light bracket that the kit came with is exactly the same bracket as the one on my bike. My light doesnt point straight, it points down just in front of my tire. I am a little dissapointed in the lack of instructions and the screws/parts the racks and baskets come with.

gopam

Quote from: Mountaintrails on October 18, 2020, 05:54:03 AM
I ended up using a screw from when i installed my rear rack that was a spare, to mount my light. The light bracket that the kit came with is exactly the same bracket as the one on my bike. My light doesnt point straight, it points down just in front of my tire. I am a little dissapointed in the lack of instructions and the screws/parts the racks and baskets come with.

I'm about to install my front rack too. Also like everyone here the front rack package did NOT include the light bracket mounting bolt. And ditto on the included light bracket being identical to the light bracket already on the RadWagon 4. So I'm going to have the same issue of the light pointing down in front of the tire instead of pointing forward. And I too am disappointed with the lack of instructions and lack or screw/parts. And sure they have nifty videos online on how to mount but those videos do NOT include the bolt sizes you'll need to purchase when they don't send you ALL of the pieces needed for installation.

and Rad Power Bikes already commented on their youtube front rack install instructions video to a guy asking whether he even needed the light. Rad Power bikes said this "We recommend that you do as there are also times in the day where visibility may be low. Keep in mind that the light is not just so you can see, but so people can see you."

well hopefully people can see us with our lights pointed down!!!! yeah I've been a little mad about stuff lately. whatever.
RadWagon 4 owner

YouTube Channel: VROOM GOPAM
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6TCUg_vMeH3P8OBSl_FFqw

gopam

Quote from: Mountaintrails on October 18, 2020, 05:54:03 AM

Here's photos of the light. As you can see the light is different than in the Rad Power Front Rack install youtube video. The light is rounded with a silver top that interferes with able to position the light pointing out so the light is forced to point down.
I'm still happy to have this rack - but the changes made to these bikes  - and the compatibility issues are a little annoying. Especially when you need to buy missing bolts to attach the spendy $$ accessories.

But I'm happy I got it mounted and that now I can ride with both or our dogs. Ride on everyone :)
RadWagon 4 owner

YouTube Channel: VROOM GOPAM
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6TCUg_vMeH3P8OBSl_FFqw

nickljm

I flipped the light upside down.... 8) and hung it from the bracket.

realgren

I had the same experience. No instructions, which isn't a big deal. No light screw or washer. Lucky I had the right size laying around.

I let customer service know the screw and washer were missing. They were "surprised" and apologized... but apparently its the rule and not the exception.

Mountaintrails

We had ordered a front basket for a Runner by mistake. I decided to put it on the Rover. I think I like it. I am trying to upload an image but having issues. It bolts on without modifications and the light fits better.