News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by Ryan, November 28, 2018, 08:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

fin_rad

Quote from: jeff.smith on April 17, 2020, 10:27:35 AM
Hello to all.

I have owned a RadRover since December of 2016 and just came across this forum. I'm from Tallahassee, FL and my wife and I are almost retired ebikers and RVers.
Must ask the total miles and problems you have had? :)

Ryan

Quote from: jeff.smith on April 17, 2020, 10:27:35 AM
Hello to all.

I have owned a RadRover since December of 2016 and just came across this forum. I'm from Tallahassee, FL and my wife and I are almost retired ebikers and RVers.

Wow, that makes you an early adopter then  8) Congrats on your upcoming retirement!

JKRomeo

Hi I live in Seattle bought a RadRunner to do a 14 miles commute. It's doable and I enjoyed my time on the saddle. That said climbing hills weren't that easy and got smoked by any bikes that have more than one speed. Still I love my RadRunner and look forward to future mods and improvements.

Ryan

Quote from: JKRomeo on April 18, 2020, 12:19:21 PM
Hi I live in Seattle bought a RadRunner to do a 14 miles commute. It's doable and I enjoyed my time on the saddle. That said climbing hills weren't that easy and got smoked by any bikes that have more than one speed. Still I love my RadRunner and look forward to future mods and improvements.

Awesome! Welcome to the forum. What pedal assist do you find yourself using up the hills? I like the simplicity of the single speed but we have some pretty big hills by us and it's nice having the gears.

Bob Mc

Hello, I live in Sacramento,CA, USA. I've been riding bicycles for 74 years and motorcycles for about 61 years, I thought I needed to combine the two so I can carry my photography equipment farther and easier. With Trump's stimulus I bought a Rad Runner last month. It has been very enjoyable. The forum has helped me a lot already. A week after I bought the Runner we had the "Pink" full moon, so I guess I'll name it the Moonshine Runner. I'm trying to attach a picture of the Runner with the rising moon.

Thank you Ryan for the forum.

Hasta, Bob McCaw

fin_rad

Welcome, and what an amazing photo :) What camera did you use, looks like from a DSLR?

lbbnjsharpe

Newbie Bill here. Bought 2 Rad Minis last Fall. Happy with my choice of ebikes for our needs. ( I'm thrifty ) Bought at the Black Friday month long pricing & had them shipped to Oregon for tax savings. At 63 I felt comfortable riding on fresh powder snow as long as there wasn't ice below the surface. Look forward to snow biking more & hope to find a quality ski for the front forks / some day!  Borrowing & renting sucked us in quickly to buying. Plan to #RideRad lots on our RV  ( Rpod ) adventures.
Thanks.
Bill
Bill

Bob Mc

Quote from: fin_rad on April 19, 2020, 10:19:45 PM
Welcome, and what an amazing photo :) What camera did you use, looks like from a DSLR?
Thank you, I use a Nikon D500. For that picture I used a low power flash to reflect off of the tires.

Ryan

Quote from: Bob Mc on April 19, 2020, 01:42:08 PM
Hello, I live in Sacramento,CA, USA. I've been riding bicycles for 74 years and motorcycles for about 61 years, I thought I needed to combine the two so I can carry my photography equipment farther and easier. With Trump's stimulus I bought a Rad Runner last month. It has been very enjoyable. The forum has helped me a lot already. A week after I bought the Runner we had the "Pink" full moon, so I guess I'll name it the Moonshine Runner. I'm trying to attach a picture of the Runner with the rising moon.

Hasta, Bob McCaw

Welcome! That is an awesome picture, thanks for sharing. Definitely a great idea to use the stimulus to buy an ebike.  8)

Ryan

Quote from: lbbnjsharpe on April 20, 2020, 04:25:12 PM
Newbie Bill here. Bought 2 Rad Minis last Fall. Happy with my choice of ebikes for our needs. ( I'm thrifty ) Bought at the Black Friday month long pricing & had them shipped to Oregon for tax savings. At 63 I felt comfortable riding on fresh powder snow as long as there wasn't ice below the surface. Look forward to snow biking more & hope to find a quality ski for the front forks / some day!  Borrowing & renting sucked us in quickly to buying. Plan to #RideRad lots on our RV  ( Rpod ) adventures.
Thanks.
Bill

Welcome Bill! Good to hear that the Mini tires work well on fresh snow. I was pretty amazed how the RadRover handled hard packed snow as well as some icy spots.

JKRomeo

Quote from: Ryan on April 18, 2020, 06:41:01 PM
Quote from: JKRomeo on April 18, 2020, 12:19:21 PM

Awesome! Welcome to the forum. What pedal assist do you find yourself using up the hills? I like the simplicity of the single speed but we have some pretty big hills by us and it's nice having the gears.

Pedal assist 2 is my choice to keep the exercise level. I find level one assist being too weak to go over simple slope and level three too much for most things except step hill. Be curious with how the RadRunner Plus will do, probably more versatile with the 7 speed and front shock.

jshill

Hi everyone. My name is Jim, I'm retired (70 years old), and live in Columbus, Ohio. I just got my Radmini 4, and took it out for a first ride today. We did 10 miles, and it was WONDERFUL. I previously owned a Rover, but it was destroyed in a road accident. The mini is much better for my 5'6" frame, and much more nimble. I am looking forward to getting up to Michigan on vacation, and running "seasonal" roads, 2-tracks, and forest trails.

Ryan

Quote from: jshill on April 24, 2020, 06:12:20 PM
Hi everyone. My name is Jim, I'm retired (70 years old), and live in Columbus, Ohio. I just got my Radmini 4, and took it out for a first ride today. We did 10 miles, and it was WONDERFUL. I previously owned a Rover, but it was destroyed in a road accident. The mini is much better for my 5'6" frame, and much more nimble. I am looking forward to getting up to Michigan on vacation, and running "seasonal" roads, 2-tracks, and forest trails.

Welcome Jim! Sorry to hear about the accident with the Rover, but glad to see you are back riding again.

Carsten

Quote from: Bob Mc on April 19, 2020, 01:42:08 PM

Hasta, Bob McCaw
I love that picture! Thank you very much for sharing.  ;D

Brent

Hi. I'm Brent from Port Williams Nova Scotia.  My wife and I are awaiting our new 2020 Rad bikes. ( Rad Rover for me and a mini for her).  We are retired and just moved to Annapolis Valley and looking forward to exploring the countryside and trails.