Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 116949 times)

Hehateme

• View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself!
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2019, 08:20:10 PM »

Freund trail, Leavenworth, WA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjohnson1950

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2019, 01:17:05 PM »
Just got my new Rad City last week and I'm loving it.  I've always liked to cycle but as I am approaching my 7th decade, it's sure nice to have some power assist on those hills!  I'm very impressed with the quality of this bike, especially at this price!  I have been hiking a lot for the past few years and wound up putting my old bike aside.  But I found I really missed cycling.  I live where there are A LOT of hills so it was hard for me to just take off from home.  I usually had to load up my bike and drive somewhere, which gets real old, real fast.  So, today I did 15 miles around where I live, hills and all!  I am now looking forward to cycling for a LONG time! :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 12:18:24 PM by jjohnson1950 »

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2019, 07:14:18 PM »
Welcome Hehateme and JJohnson1950! Glad to have you and hope you'll stick around here.  8)

batyushki

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2019, 03:37:02 AM »
I'm American but living in Wicklow, Ireland and bought a Radwagon recently. We've been a one-car family for about four years and the Radwagon is to replace car trips and to give me more range on the weekend excursions when my wife tends to have the car.

I was worried that the Radwagon's long tail would not fit in the train racks here, but was able to wrestle it in. This is important as it allows me to take the bike on long trips to different parts of Ireland, as well as to the UK via the ferry.

For longer trips I will probably invest in a second battery - I did about 50 hilly km this weekend before I was down to one bar, but would have liked to have gone further.

I have a set of Willex panniers from Belgium (33 litres each) which I use for shopping.

I use a Clug to store the bike vertically at home.

I really like the included Dutch-style frame lock which comes with the European models. Much easier to quickly lock the wheel when going into shops.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2019, 06:50:35 PM »
Awesome! I really like the panniers! Congrats on being a one car family  8)

I'm American but living in Wicklow, Ireland and bought a Radwagon recently. We've been a one-car family for about four years and the Radwagon is to replace car trips and to give me more range on the weekend excursions when my wife tends to have the car.

I was worried that the Radwagon's long tail would not fit in the train racks here, but was able to wrestle it in. This is important as it allows me to take the bike on long trips to different parts of Ireland, as well as to the UK via the ferry.

For longer trips I will probably invest in a second battery - I did about 50 hilly km this weekend before I was down to one bar, but would have liked to have gone further.

I have a set of Willex panniers from Belgium (33 litres each) which I use for shopping.

I use a Clug to store the bike vertically at home.

I really like the included Dutch-style frame lock which comes with the European models. Much easier to quickly lock the wheel when going into shops.

Hehateme

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2019, 02:37:54 PM »

This is how I wanted my rover. I am riding trails much more than streets. Mix of cosmetic and functional changes.
Chain guard delete
Brake light delete
Orange decals delete
Carbon seat post
Renthal bars
I swapped out the leather saddle for a wtb.
Upgrade rear brake
Tire reflector black out
Chester pedals
Shimano bar end caps
Specialized head set cap
Lizard skins
Set computer to top out at 24mph
Seems like we might want to consider a “what did you do with your rad bike today” type of forum space.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2019, 07:18:33 PM »
Very cool - Feel free to start a new topic if you'd like!

This is how I wanted my rover. I am riding trails much more than streets. Mix of cosmetic and functional changes.
Chain guard delete
Brake light delete
Orange decals delete
Carbon seat post
Renthal bars
I swapped out the leather saddle for a wtb.
Upgrade rear brake
Tire reflector black out
Chester pedals
Shimano bar end caps
Specialized head set cap
Lizard skins
Set computer to top out at 24mph
Seems like we might want to consider a “what did you do with your rad bike today” type of forum space.

smt659

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2019, 12:44:45 PM »
I'm Steve and live in Everett Washington, 2019 Rad Rover in white and orange.

kickit

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2019, 04:14:19 PM »
Hello, I’m Jim from southern Illinois...I recently received my 2019 Mini and will be ordering a Mini Step-Thru for my wife as soon as they are available.  I’ve found that forums hold a wealth of information and very glad I found this one.  Happy Riding!

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2019, 08:31:03 PM »
Hello, I’m Jim from southern Illinois...I recently received my 2019 Mini and will be ordering a Mini Step-Thru for my wife as soon as they are available.  I’ve found that forums hold a wealth of information and very glad I found this one.  Happy Riding!

Welcome to the forum, hope you'll stick around! Glad to have another midwest rider here  8)

rancher5

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2019, 02:54:33 PM »
Hi , I'm Clinton Clark, live East of Colorado Springs,
Colo, I'm 60 ,rancher, small business,  Chronic Back, Neck issues where the Rad Fat Tire came into my garage,  Saw a YouTube video of a 70 yr old farmer checking 20 miles of trail cam,Looked fun, I have a 10 mile hilly ride checking water, I use eco with 3 once in a while I get a great workout, sweat, endorphins ,  Longest ride is 18 miles working up!3 months got 450 miles on my Rad,what a blast, I did just pick up a e-mtb Trek for cow trails and hopefully single tracks, that said I really enjoy the Rad Fat Tire A whole new world of fitness and enjoyment,  very pretty drive on the High Plains of Colorado,  anybody in the area give a shout out,

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2019, 07:18:58 PM »
Welcome! It is so cool to see that every generation can love these bikes and every single person has a unique use case.

Colo, I'm 60 ,rancher, small business,  Chronic Back, Neck issues where the Rad Fat Tire came into my garage,  Saw a YouTube video of a 70 yr old farmer checking 20 miles of trail cam,Looked fun, I have a 10 mile hilly ride checking water, I use eco with 3 once in a while I get a great workout, sweat, endorphins ,  Longest ride is 18 miles working up!3 months got 450 miles on my Rad,what a blast, I did just pick up a e-mtb Trek for cow trails and hopefully single tracks, that said I really enjoy the Rad Fat Tire A whole new world of fitness and enjoyment,  very pretty drive on the High Plains of Colorado,  anybody in the area give a shout out,

Brock

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2019, 09:35:02 AM »
Hi, I am in Green Bay, WI

I have been taking my bike to work for a couple of years, weather permitting, usually two or three days a week. I regular rode anytime the temps were above freezing (and a few below freezing). My trip is only about 2 miles (3.2km) one way, slightly downhill to work. If I push it really hard I can make the trip in 8 minutes, but then I am hot and sweaty, ok on the way home, but not so much going to work. Usually I am just about 12 minutes one way. This sort of rules out running home for lunch on a 30 minute break. I was riding a Giant Escape, a mountain bike style, but with skinny road tires and higher gearing.

I bought a Rad City and took it to work, amazing, I did the trip in pedal assist 3 and it took 5 minutes, it was almost scary, but I am sure I will get used to it quickly.  I did bump up the max speed to the limit.

I have even ridden home in some drizzle, let me tell you disk brakes and fenders are SO worth it.

So far so good.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 09:41:49 AM by Brock »

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2019, 05:46:52 PM »
Welcome! I'm in Wausau so not too far even via the Mountain Bay trail! I know there are at least a couple of other riders in the area. We too commute mostly on our Wagon.

Hi, I am in Green Bay, WI

I have been taking my bike to work for a couple of years, weather permitting, usually two or three days a week. I regular rode anytime the temps were above freezing (and a few below freezing). My trip is only about 2 miles (3.2km) one way, slightly downhill to work. If I push it really hard I can make the trip in 8 minutes, but then I am hot and sweaty, ok on the way home, but not so much going to work. Usually I am just about 12 minutes one way. This sort of rules out running home for lunch on a 30 minute break. I was riding a Giant Escape, a mountain bike style, but with skinny road tires and higher gearing.

I bought a Rad City and took it to work, amazing, I did the trip in pedal assist 3 and it took 5 minutes, it was almost scary, but I am sure I will get used to it quickly.  I did bump up the max speed to the limit.

I have even ridden home in some drizzle, let me tell you disk brakes and fenders are SO worth it.

So far so good.

rancher5

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2019, 04:54:03 PM »
Welcome! It is so cool to see that every generation can love these bikes and every single person has a unique use case.

Thank You, Ryan

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2019, 04:54:03 PM »