Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 117064 times)

Altema

• View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself!
« Reply #165 on: October 12, 2020, 08:00:34 AM »
Paul from lower Michigan, USA. Enjoying the fall colors while exploring with the RadMini 4.
Approaching 700 miles (1126km) on the bike after 6 weeks, and loving it!

Mudder

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 12, 2020, 08:02:36 AM »
Hello all, Mudder here (David).  Pleased to have found this forum as advice from fellow owners is the best.  Just ordered a Radrover 5 to help enjoy retirement around Chattanooga, TN.  Looking forward to this addition to my outdoor wheeled hobbies with delivery in November.  Thanks in advance to Members.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 12, 2020, 06:08:57 PM »
Hey All,

I'm new to the forum and just bought a practically new RadWagon 4 in Los Angeles. The first owner bought the bike for his wife and waited months for it to arrive.... which it did just 10 days ago. But she doesn't know how to ride a bicycle and found she wasn't comfortable on the RadWagon 4. She thought it was too big.

So I just bought it and I'm totally digging it. It was 10 days old and had 41 miles on the odo. I just rode it home today and it has 50 something miles now. I see the manual says to do the first service between 50-100 miles so it looks like it is now due for service.

I'm currently checking out the forum and clicking some of your amazon links Ryan. I'm going to get the Pro Tool Bike pump with gauge you linked and recommend. I think the tires might be low and this pump with gauge looks like exactly what I need. When I tried checking the tires with my motorcycle tire gauge it read 10 psi. And the manual says they need to be 50 psi. I do believe the tires feel low but when I feel them by hand they feel full. So I was surprised by this 10 psi reading. So I'm definitely going to get this pump with gauge - since I need a pump anyhow. I'm hoping all will be clear and psi correct once the pump arrives.  And I'm picking up some Finish line dry chain lube too.

I'm also currently looking into after market seats for comfort. Or aftermarket suspension seat posts. Not only is the SR Suntour SP12 NCX SeatPost currently SOLD OUT....but it is also NOT compatible with the RadWagon 4 so if anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.

I'll post some pictures and make/share a video soon. I normally ride motorcycles and scooters so this is my first Ebike. Besides the small ebike I bought and rode in China when I spent some time there. I think that little ebike had a top speed of 11mph and it was a hoot! I giggled with delight as I rode that ebike in China.

I'm happy to join this forum community and learn more about these bikes. I'd like to learn to do my own maintenance on it too. I might benefit from having a professional do the first service to check out the bike though. Can anybody recommend a good bike shop that works on Rad Power bikes in Los Angeles?

Also, I just ordered the large platform accessory from the Rad Power Bikes website. I plan to attach my pet carrier to ride around with our Chihuahuas, Lulu and Gizmo. Or maybe just Gizmo. We'll see if Lulu likes it or not. She doesn't seem to like my motorcycles as much as Gizmo does. I'll make a video once I get the platform rack in the mail. For now, you can see Gizmo & Lulu riding around on motorcycles with me on my youtube channel:VROOM GOPAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu5EDCcmdRk&list=PLaVlnHMBusut9qCWx3PDqKW8AmVMcU8Ds

Thanks for joining! Just make sure you get a full size pump, otherwise you are going to be pumping for quite some time! I'll have a RadWagon 4 accessories video out in the next few days and might have some more ideas for you. Thanks for using the Amazon links to support the forum and my channel. I believe one suspension seatpost might work with the RadWagon 4, but the problem is you're likely going to use some adjustability depending on your height. More on that in the video. Hope you got a nice deal on the RW 4 and your dog is awesome in that video  8)

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 12, 2020, 06:10:33 PM »
Welcome Brad, Paul and David! Thanks for joining us.

radrover4fun

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 17, 2020, 08:24:39 AM »
Gary here from Idyllwild California, in the mountains so hills and snow.  I ordered two Rad's, a mini step through and a rover, the mini has been here a couple weeks and is fun but really it is for my 12 year old...  The Rover is coming Tuesday!  I am looking forward to riding with her.

Altema

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 17, 2020, 10:03:01 AM »
Gary here from Idyllwild California, in the mountains so hills and snow.  I ordered two Rad's, a mini step through and a rover, the mini has been here a couple weeks and is fun but really it is for my 12 year old...  The Rover is coming Tuesday!  I am looking forward to riding with her.
I wish I had the step through to go with my regular Radmini! I have a 9 year old who likes to ride, but I don't think she could handle the mini step through, as she's all legs and weighs about 50 pounds, lol.

russ white

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 17, 2020, 01:37:01 PM »
Hi,

Just purchased a RadRover 5 this morning.  Site says November - hope that is true.

It is my first E-bike and at 72 I am sure I will enjoy the extra help with riding.
I have ridden motorcycles in the past and that brings up a question.
A friend let me ride his E-Bike and I was hooked immediately.  The only thing that seemed strange was that the front brake was controlled by the right hand lever.  This seems backwards to what I remember from my motorcycling days.
I live in the US and will ride seasonally in TN and FL.

Thanks to the forum organizers for providing what I know will be a great site to ask and answer questions.

Russ
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 01:47:07 PM by russ white »

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 17, 2020, 07:26:33 PM »
Welcome Gary and Russ!

Russ - your friend's ebike sounds like it was set up incorrectly. Your Rad will be correct  ;D

russ white

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 18, 2020, 06:40:00 AM »
Ryan,

Thanks!   I watched the great assembly video and it confirmed what you said.  My friend offered to sell his bike to me, but I am glad I did not go that route.   The video showed how the RadRover bike is packaged, and it looks really good.  Just hope it has a safe trip to Tennessee.
Russ

Robert Kuntz

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 26, 2020, 07:38:37 AM »
So over the summer we bought a City 3 Step Thru for my wife. She's a teacher, school's not far (four miles), and with our younger son now working four days a week, we figured this would be a way to avoid having to buy a third car.

Well we got more than we bargained for because the thing was just simply FUN. Not just a bike, but a completely solid vehicle that had me reminiscing a bit about my motorcycling days. (No, this isn't a KZ 750. But wind in your face is still wind in your face.) The bike is perfect for her commute, for quick trips to the store or just tooling around. Fitted out with a pair of collapsing pannier baskets, it carries all she needs. 20 mph top speed is plenty for what she wants to do and, living in flat south Florida, the battery bars stay lit a long time.

I took the bike out a few times just to ride around. What a blast.

So, yesterday, my City 3 Step Thru arrived. Having it assembled now. (I could have assembled my wife's biked when it arrived, but by the time I bought a torque wrench -- one tool I don't have -- I'd have spent more than the great local bike shop charged her. He did a great job and I figure in these times, it's good to give folks work. (And I still don't have a torque wrench.))

Our plan is to take the bikes to Key West, Mount Dora, Jupiter, Naples and other spots for weekend getaways. We're moderately athletic, but at 60 we've got nothing to prove and the comfort and ease provided by that throttle makes for a really relaxing tour.

Sorting out now the best way to transport the bikes in the F150 for these weekend jaunts. I'll be interested to see what this forum has to offer.

radrover4fun

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 26, 2020, 09:23:23 AM »
I have 150, I have some ramps I figured that would be the easy way to go I have a rover and mini step through.  I have ramp ends that attach to planks, I figure I will walk up one while throttling the bike up the other.

Gary

Robert Kuntz

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 26, 2020, 09:57:38 AM »
Gary,

When you get that sorted could you post/share a photo?

Robert Kuntz

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 01, 2020, 10:43:38 AM »
So I was overthinking this.

Bought a cheap ramp from Harbor Freight. Mounted the flange upside down to create a channel ramp. Got a step stool to make it easy.

I get in the bed, bride uses walk mode to drive the bikes up into my hands. Turn wheel 90 degrees. Lean bike against side rail, protected by split pool noodles. Pse tailgate.

Ramp has to be carried propped on tailgate, no biggee. Locks into bed with BackFlip bed cover down.

Will try post pics.

Robert Kuntz

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 02, 2020, 06:50:54 AM »
Well cannot quite figure out how to post a photo here. Hope my description was clear.

Here's a link to the ramp. Only need one and, as I said, I attached the flange upside down, creating a ramp that is also a channel that helps keep the bike on the ramp.

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/ramps/loading-ramps/1000-lb-capacity-10-in-x-84-in-steel-loading-ramps-set-of-two-60397.html

radrover4fun

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 02, 2020, 08:09:52 AM »
I was thinking getting the folding ramps so they do not hang out of the truck, and I plan to walk up one while walking up the bike...

I knew a Robert Kuntz......   USS Lang in the 80's by chance?

Gary

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #179 on: November 02, 2020, 08:09:52 AM »