Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 117159 times)

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself!
« Reply #150 on: June 23, 2020, 06:02:20 PM »
hi folks!

will from des moines, iowa here. used my "stimulus" check to purchase a radrunner 1 on 4-17-20. mods include the suntour ncx seatpost, serfas crs-1 saddle (BIG), full fenders, mri-denver "radrunner front light bracket", new rad premium headlight, mri-denver "front bottle holder mounting bracket", center console, mtx deck plate, mtx dxp bag, monster s110 bluetooth speaker in bottle cage, camera mount, cell phone mount and topeak trolley tote.

did the bolton ebikes power upgrade a couple weeks ago - love it! no increase to the top end but definitely a lot more torque than the stock setup!

have over 150 miles on the bike since purchased...always sporting a big smile on my cruises!

ride rad!

Welcome to the forum Will! Sounds like you have quite the setup on your RadRunner. Feel free to share a picture of it 8)

Hamie

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 28, 2020, 12:31:32 PM »
Hi.. I'm Hamie from Austin, TX an 80 year man that has been riding motorcycles since the 60's. All kinds dirt , sport, touring, scooters, and trikes and just sold my Can Am Ryker Rally. Not wanting to give up completely I ordered my first ebike a Rad Rover and waiting for August delivery. While waiting
I am gathering a wealth of information from this forum about what to do with my Rover when it arrives. Thanks for making this forum available.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 28, 2020, 07:28:17 PM »
Hi.. I'm Hamie from Austin, TX an 80 year man that has been riding motorcycles since the 60's. All kinds dirt , sport, touring, scooters, and trikes and just sold my Can Am Ryker Rally. Not wanting to give up completely I ordered my first ebike a Rad Rover and waiting for August delivery. While waiting
I am gathering a wealth of information from this forum about what to do with my Rover when it arrives. Thanks for making this forum available.

Welcome Hamie! Glad you're finding the information useful.

antrev

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 10, 2020, 09:06:17 PM »
Hi folks, Haven't been on a bike for years but I'm pretty fit so I ordered a RadMini 4 on June 8th so I don't expect it to arrive here in Ontario any time soon..... I don't know why, but with this purchase I am like a little boy at Christmas. It just goes to show that you are never too old to enjoy life ( I am 80 years young). So far I have bought a motion alarm, a mirror, a helmet, rear rack, Topeak bag, Extra rear light, Upgrade colour display and 35a controller, orange spoke thingies, GPS holder, GoPro holder to go on my helmet, Mini pump, clear goggles, Cloud nine saddle, Suntour seat post. I just need to get an extension cord for my rear Rad light and I'm all set..... All I'm missing is the bike lol. Stay safe my friends and remember, if an old fart like me weighing 135lbs can lift a 75 lb e-bike into the back of a Mazda3 sport ..... Then you youngsters can do anything!

yellowdirt

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 11, 2020, 02:46:07 AM »
Hi Antrev! What motion alarm did you go for?

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 11, 2020, 09:35:28 AM »
Hi folks, Haven't been on a bike for years but I'm pretty fit so I ordered a RadMini 4 on June 8th so I don't expect it to arrive here in Ontario any time soon..... I don't know why, but with this purchase I am like a little boy at Christmas. It just goes to show that you are never too old to enjoy life ( I am 80 years young). So far I have bought a motion alarm, a mirror, a helmet, rear rack, Topeak bag, Extra rear light, Upgrade colour display and 35a controller, orange spoke thingies, GPS holder, GoPro holder to go on my helmet, Mini pump, clear goggles, Cloud nine saddle, Suntour seat post. I just need to get an extension cord for my rear Rad light and I'm all set..... All I'm missing is the bike lol. Stay safe my friends and remember, if an old fart like me weighing 135lbs can lift a 75 lb e-bike into the back of a Mazda3 sport ..... Then you youngsters can do anything!

Welcome to the forum! I agree - ebikes are the great equalizer  8)

VictorJay

• View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself!- New Rad Owner
« Reply #156 on: July 11, 2020, 12:15:38 PM »
Hello fellow Rad owners!
Just sayin Hello, I'm 66 year old Male, 5'11, 225lbs and purchased 2 Rad Rovers for me and my spouse. Wife has been Roving for Months, since May. I've been out for a few rides and enjoy the bike. I've adding accessories  by reading posts, checkin Ryans' U tube's, thank u all! I'm still working out the fit, seat height, trying to get a decent pedal extension and be able to mount the bike. most of the trails are gravel and paved but there is some road work where I live to get around. Both of us love the bikes, no problems with shipping, receiving assembly. I'm enjoying being able to travel longer distances and have the going home gear when I get exhausted.  :)https://www.radowners.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif

Bfaulkner42

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2020, 10:40:32 AM »
Hi all,

My name is Brittany and I live in Seattle. I’m the proud owner of a Radrunner Plus. I’m excited to be a Rad Owner, and looking forward to learning new tips and tricks on the forum!

Dan B

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 14, 2020, 06:45:16 PM »
Hello, I am Dan and I live in East Central Illinois. I have recently purchased two Rad ebikes, one a Rad Rover 5 and the 2nd a step through city.
I am still on the  back order list but should get the bikes sometime in August.\
Did a lot of research and decided on Rad after the number of positive comments regarding customer support.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2020, 08:52:30 PM »
Welcome Brittany and Dan!

Brittany - would love to hear more about the RadRunner Plus as folks are just starting to receive the bike now.

Dan - Customer support continues to be one of the main reasons I recommend Rad. Hopefully more companies scale up in the coming years, but it's still hard to know who will be around for the long haul. I am pretty confident Rad will be.

Bfaulkner42

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 14, 2020, 10:04:32 PM »
Welcome Brittany and Dan!

Brittany - would love to hear more about the RadRunner Plus as folks are just starting to receive the bike now.

Dan - Customer support continues to be one of the main reasons I recommend Rad. Hopefully more companies scale up in the coming years, but it's still hard to know who will be around for the long haul. I am pretty confident Rad will be.

Hi Ryan,

Nothing but positive things to say about my bike so far. Like many others, I chose Rad for my first ebike after doing some research, and was sold on their bikes and customer support. My RadRunner Plus has lived up to the expectations and was well worth the wait.  My initial observations are, first, the bike itself is beautiful; it definitely turns heads and it’s easy to see why. The suspension and drivetrain were definitely worthwhile upgrades for me also. I look forward to exploring them in various scenarios—but so far, I think it’s worth the price for how I want to ride the bike. I imagine I’ll explore some accessory options (i.e. baskets or center console, mirrors, etc.), but I’m still loving the bike regardless. I’m sure you’ll see an updated photo in the pride and joy section later this year.

Thanks for the forum and ebikeescape content!

Brittany

JeffGo

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 17, 2020, 10:40:35 AM »
Jeff here. I live on the Eastside of Seattle and just received my Rad City Step-thru 3 on Tuesday. So far, so good, and happy to support a local company (yeah, I know the bikes come from China). I just wish the accessories were more available.

It wasn't great on the gravel pipeline trail near me, but not a big concern. I can zip around my neighborhood in record time and get up the hills easily enough.

I think my wife needs one now. ;D

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 18, 2020, 01:53:24 PM »
Jeff here. I live on the Eastside of Seattle and just received my Rad City Step-thru 3 on Tuesday. So far, so good, and happy to support a local company (yeah, I know the bikes come from China). I just wish the accessories were more available.

It wasn't great on the gravel pipeline trail near me, but not a big concern. I can zip around my neighborhood in record time and get up the hills easily enough.

I think my wife needs one now. ;D

Hey Jeff, welcome to the forum!

gopam

• View Profile
    • VROOM GOPAM
« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2020, 05:40:15 PM »
Hey All,

I'm new to the forum and just bought a practically new RadWagon 4 in Los Angeles. The first owner bought the bike for his wife and waited months for it to arrive.... which it did just 10 days ago. But she doesn't know how to ride a bicycle and found she wasn't comfortable on the RadWagon 4. She thought it was too big.

So I just bought it and I'm totally digging it. It was 10 days old and had 41 miles on the odo. I just rode it home today and it has 50 something miles now. I see the manual says to do the first service between 50-100 miles so it looks like it is now due for service.

I'm currently checking out the forum and clicking some of your amazon links Ryan. I'm going to get the Pro Tool Bike pump with gauge you linked and recommend. I think the tires might be low and this pump with gauge looks like exactly what I need. When I tried checking the tires with my motorcycle tire gauge it read 10 psi. And the manual says they need to be 50 psi. I do believe the tires feel low but when I feel them by hand they feel full. So I was surprised by this 10 psi reading. So I'm definitely going to get this pump with gauge - since I need a pump anyhow. I'm hoping all will be clear and psi correct once the pump arrives.  And I'm picking up some Finish line dry chain lube too.

I'm also currently looking into after market seats for comfort. Or aftermarket suspension seat posts. Not only is the SR Suntour SP12 NCX SeatPost currently SOLD OUT....but it is also NOT compatible with the RadWagon 4 so if anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.

I'll post some pictures and make/share a video soon. I normally ride motorcycles and scooters so this is my first Ebike. Besides the small ebike I bought and rode in China when I spent some time there. I think that little ebike had a top speed of 11mph and it was a hoot! I giggled with delight as I rode that ebike in China.

I'm happy to join this forum community and learn more about these bikes. I'd like to learn to do my own maintenance on it too. I might benefit from having a professional do the first service to check out the bike though. Can anybody recommend a good bike shop that works on Rad Power bikes in Los Angeles?

Also, I just ordered the large platform accessory from the Rad Power Bikes website. I plan to attach my pet carrier to ride around with our Chihuahuas, Lulu and Gizmo. Or maybe just Gizmo. We'll see if Lulu likes it or not. She doesn't seem to like my motorcycles as much as Gizmo does. I'll make a video once I get the platform rack in the mail. For now, you can see Gizmo & Lulu riding around on motorcycles with me on my youtube channel:VROOM GOPAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu5EDCcmdRk&list=PLaVlnHMBusut9qCWx3PDqKW8AmVMcU8Ds

RadWagon 4 owner

YouTube Channel: VROOM GOPAM
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6TCUg_vMeH3P8OBSl_FFqw

Jammer

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 11, 2020, 10:11:18 AM »
Hi Brad from Langley BC. Awaiting delivery of my Rad Rover 5. Can't wait to start riding Rad.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #164 on: October 11, 2020, 10:11:18 AM »