News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by Ryan, November 28, 2018, 08:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

JimInPT

Quote from: cerebrix on May 25, 2022, 07:12:07 PM
Hey all whats up.

Second post, and hopefully way more the usual me lol.

Getting a Radcity 5 Plus, maybe.  Miight be switching to a Rover.  Suposed to take delivery of the City here in a few days. 

I'm confused.  Didn't you post a few minutes before this one.....

QuoteMy bike's not even ready so I'm completely within the 14 days and the bike still has zero miles.  I could return it if I want but.

So have you received the City?  If not, won't Rad let you cancel and just order the Rover under the new deal on that model?  If they haven't shipped the City, I'm sure they can sell it to the next person in line.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

cerebrix

Quote from: JimInPT on May 26, 2022, 09:48:08 AM

So have you received the City?  If not, won't Rad let you cancel and just order the Rover under the new deal on that model?  If they haven't shipped the City, I'm sure they can sell it to the next person in line.

I paid for bike shop delivery and assembly.  They have all the stuff, helmet arrives today.  Everything shipped to the bike shop.  I haven't gotten the "it's ready" call to pick it up.

GizUSN

Dean here from Southern MD. Proud owner of a new Radrunner 2. The bike will see use in RV parks and be used for Ebike hunting here in MD. Pretty excited about the bike. I believe it perfectly split the space between recreation and utility.

Flyingsquirl001

Hi from Central Oregon.  I just put in an order for the Radrover 6+.  Looking forward to putting some miles on it. 

AJZin1952

Does anybody have information on RadRover 6 plus delivery times as of 7/7/2022?

radrandy2022

Hello from Parksville, British Columbia. I am anxiously waiting for delivery of my Radrover 6+. These bikes look amazing and I can't wait to put on some miles!

Porthole

Hello,

Ordered two 6+'s, charcoal high step and white step through.
Although bikes appear to be the same (except for the obvious) I was surprised to see the high step come from Savannah, GA and made in Taiwan and the step through to come form Washington state and made in china.

I ordered during the recent sale/discounted price that included 3 accessories. Along with a few extra accessories I ordered I thought it was odd that all 11 items were shipped in separate fedex shipments.

Duane
LSD - Lower Slower Delaware
Thanks,
Duane

RadRover 6+ Charcoal high step
RadRover 6+ White step through

Duraxus

:) Hi Everyone!
I am Thariz, From Alberta, Canada. I have a radrunner since november 2020. I havent done any major mods on it yet except upgrading the display from rad and getting fenders and a new seat + suntour seat post. I'm looking forward to upgrading my rear hub motors and a 35amp controller in the future.

I look forward to reading more about everyones mods and workarounds in the futre.

archery22

Pennsylvania Rad owner, My Roadrunner 6 plus step-thru arrived today. $400.00 off, great deal

radex5owner

Kathryn from Portland OR and looking for people to ride the city casually  during the day . Notify me if you are local and interested.

Brirandle

Hello all,

My name is Brian and Iam 53 years old and a proud new owner of a Rad Runner Plus. Love this bike and plan on riding it to work. It?s such a blast to ride. 👍

Penster61

Hello! Penny here Rading it from Vancouver, Washington. I got my RR+ 2 weeks ago. I am a former motorcycle rider, so it was a little easier to get a feel for the bike on the first ride. My goal is to spend more time outside while exploring the nooks and crannies of my neighborhood.  :)

joeliniowa

A lot is on my profile.  I'm a retired IT Guy.  Profiles are made to be filled out!  NETWORKING.   LOL 

I'm on my 2nd Rad Ride.  My RW4 was stolen 03/2022 in Cedar Rapids, IA... where I live.

I've had my new RadRunner Plus, 2 weeks now, and I must say, for me it is is much better "fit" as in FIT and fit for me.  I thought the "plus" package was a good value.  The special packages, na, not so much!  No combination it'd want.  I did get in on a bunch of the accessories on sale.

I'm into many many things, animal husbandry, antique tractors, fiber arts (not the optical kind).  I spin wool into yarn, I weave cloth too. I've got 2 Ender3 (Pro and V.2) 3D printers.  I run all my IT stuff off different versions of the Raspberry Pi computer.  Even my Desktop!  Pi 4b - 8GB running Pi OS 64bit.  My other IT stuff is exclusively HP.

I have many 21st, 20th, 19th and 18th century spinning wheels.  It is a process that's as old as man.  Wanted cloth (ok not a hide), you had to spin & then weave the fibers...  All of Erickson's and Columbus' sails were hand spun and hand woven.  So were the Nippon sailors that inhabited Peru.

I'm a geek, nerd.  I started working on tractors when I was 4 years old.  I know stuff, I problem solve, I turn the orange light green. Oldest Child...

Nice to meet you all! 

JLH
Sorry I haven't used ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM for over 15 years.  Neither should you.  Search my name on FB, YT, TW, & those others.  I've been online since 1992. Most of that time as a Systems & Network Engineer.

Tree

Quote from: Penster61 on August 21, 2022, 07:19:56 AM
Hello! Penny here Rading it from Vancouver, Washington. I got my RR+ 2 weeks ago. I am a former motorcycle rider, so it was a little easier to get a feel for the bike on the first ride. My goal is to spend more time outside while exploring the nooks and crannies of my neighborhood.  :)

one of the best parts of my Rad is discovering things in my neighborhood I never knew existed. :D

side note - when the kid graduates HS in two years, the wife and I are likely moving to the PNW - and Vancouver, WA seems to be where our compass is pointing.

joeliniowa

Quote from: batyushki on August 20, 2019, 03:37:02 AM
I'm American but living in Wicklow, Ireland and bought a Radwagon recently. We've been a one-car family for about four years and the Radwagon is to replace car trips and to give me more range on the weekend excursions when my wife tends to have the car.

I was worried that the Radwagon's long tail would not fit in the train racks here, but was able to wrestle it in. This is important as it allows me to take the bike on long trips to different parts of Ireland, as well as to the UK via the ferry.

For longer trips I will probably invest in a second battery - I did about 50 hilly km this weekend before I was down to one bar, but would have liked to have gone further.

I have a set of Willex panniers from Belgium (33 litres each) which I use for shopping.

I use a Clug to store the bike vertically at home.

I really like the included Dutch-style frame lock which comes with the European models. Much easier to quickly lock the wheel when going into shops.

I'd personally not trust just a "clamp" type lock.  You see all the bikes in Amsterdam with that lock, being fished out of the canels.

I'm in Iowa USA, in a small metro, I've got the 3 biggest ABUS locks I can find.  The MEGA chain - 15 rated, the 6000 series flat chain lock - 15 rated, and the smaller flat chain lock - 10 rated.  I'm trying to decide between their "Smart U-Lock" and their HUGE one.

I know it's sad to have to lock a nice bike up with all that.  When you can leave a $2500 Chevy beater unlocked with the windows down... (same price)
Sorry I haven't used ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM for over 15 years.  Neither should you.  Search my name on FB, YT, TW, & those others.  I've been online since 1992. Most of that time as a Systems & Network Engineer.