News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by Ryan, November 28, 2018, 08:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

DutchCowboy

Hi you all,

I,m Ron born and raised in the most beautifull city in the world ..... Amsterdam, on black friday my wife and i bought 2 rad power bikes, a radrunner and a radrhino.
Hopefully we will do a lot of km,s on our bike with our 2 little dogs,

Greetings from Amsterdam
Er zijn geen problemen, alleen nieuwe uitdagingen

Ryan

Awesome, you're going to love them. Welcome to the forum! Hope you'll share some pictures of the pups' adventures once the bikes come.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Kevin

Greetings all - I'm Kevin, living in sunny Orlando, Florida and bought a 2019 Rad Rover in September of this year.  Love it!  Ride some of the trails here in town, and try to make it out to as many Critical Mass events each month as I can.  Glad to find this forum and look forward to sharing and learning with the rest of the owners here.

My 2019 Rover:

Ryan

Welcome Kevin! Thanks for joining. I'm sure riding around Orlando is great this time of year.

Quote from: Kevin on December 15, 2019, 07:13:35 PM
Greetings all - I'm Kevin, living in sunny Orlando, Florida and bought a 2019 Rad Rover in September of this year.  Love it!  Ride some of the trails here in town, and try to make it out to as many Critical Mass events each month as I can.  Glad to find this forum and look forward to sharing and learning with the rest of the owners here.

TruthAche

Hello All, my name is Mike and I just bought my 2019 Rad Rover on a Black Friday sale.  It's my first eBike.  I live in Santa Clarita, CA.  I'm 53, 6'1" and about 240 lbs fully dressed.  This eBike gets me up the hills by my house pretty good.  However my trip today kicked my butt.  See it here if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAk_oYdcDIc

I'm looking forward to many more rides with my Rad Rover.  I appreciate all the tips and tricks from you seasoned Rad Owners.  8)  I purchased at least 3 items off Amazon based on recommendations here.

Ryan

Thanks for joining Mike! Looks like a beautiful day and 50 degrees sure would be nice right about now  ;D

Glad you found the accessories page valuable and thanks for your support in keeping the forum running.

Quote from: TruthAche on December 19, 2019, 12:32:09 AM
Hello All, my name is Mike and I just bought my 2019 Rad Rover on a Black Friday sale.  It's my first eBike.  I live in Santa Clarita, CA.  I'm 53, 6'1" and about 240 lbs fully dressed.  This eBike gets me up the hills by my house pretty good.  However my trip today kicked my butt.  See it here if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAk_oYdcDIc

I'm looking forward to many more rides with my Rad Rover.  I appreciate all the tips and tricks from you seasoned Rad Owners.  8)  I purchased at least 3 items off Amazon based on recommendations here.

Mike

Hi Mike here from Austin, TX. Bought a RadCity in November for trips back and forth to work and to explore the really nice bike trails we have here in the city.

Ryan

Welcome Mike! You're going to love the RadCity. I assume you bought during the big November sale.

Quote from: Mike on December 29, 2019, 11:11:11 AM
Hi Mike here from Austin, TX. Bought a RadCity in November for trips back and forth to work and to explore the really nice bike trails we have here in the city.

Carsten

Hi!

I'm Carsten from Germany. Just got a RadWagon as a Christmas present. Well, in fact, Santa Claus got the "new bike" wish from myself and passed it on to me. Nice, that Rad Power Bike has a European distribution center in the Netherlands, and some of their models are sold here with an EU Declaration of Conformity. And they have very competitive prices compared to German or Dutch cargo ebike manufacturers!

We as a family want to get a smaller CO2 footprint and let the car stay at home for our grocery shopping, at least occasionally. We are living in a small village, supermarkets are 11 km away (7 mi), smaller market stores can be found in a 4 km distance (2,5 mi). Should be fun with the RadWagon!

Assembling was done last weekend, did some riding already. First 5 km were great! Maximum speed 38 km/h. 3.7 km in 7 min. I love it!

Edit Added some pics via Tapatalk app. Hope it works...

RadWagon with front rack, ram mount ball, mirrycle mirrors, and the mandatory German license plate.

Ryan

Welcome to the forum Cartsten! I don't think I've heard from someone who has purchased a Rad Power Bike that lives in Germany. Good to hear that they are also competitively priced not just in the US but across Europe as well. It sounds like Germany must not have the 250 watt motor restrictions that we've seen elsewhere. You'll love the Wagon for grocery shopping. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Quote from: Carsten on December 31, 2019, 09:22:07 AM
Hi!

I'm Carsten from Germany. Just got a RadWagon as a Christmas present. Well, in fact, Santa Claus got the "new bike" wish from myself and passed it on to me. Nice, that Rad Power Bike has a European distribution center in the Netherlands, and some of their models are sold here with an EU Declaration of Conformity. And they have very competitive prices compared to German or Dutch cargo ebike manufacturers!

We as a family want to get a smaller CO2 footprint and let the car stay at home for our grocery shopping, at least occasionally. We are living in a small village, supermarkets are 11 km away (7 mi), smaller market stores can be found in a 4 km distance (2,5 mi). Should be fun with the RadWagon!

Assembling was done last weekend, did some riding already. First 5 km were great! Maximum speed 38 km/h. 3.7 km in 7 min. I love it!

Pics will follow later...

GET

Just got 2, rad city and step through for Christmas, so far wife and I love them, however, the LCD display does not seem to show battery use.  Rode today and when removed the battery and checked the gauge on the battery is showed one red bar which I expected but When the battery was on the bike the LCD display showed all 5 black bars.  This was true for both bikes?

Ryan

Quote from: GET on January 01, 2020, 04:18:35 PM
Just got 2, rad city and step through for Christmas, so far wife and I love them, however, the LCD display does not seem to show battery use.  Rode today and when removed the battery and checked the gauge on the battery is showed one red bar which I expected but When the battery was on the bike the LCD display showed all 5 black bars.  This was true for both bikes?
How far was the ride? You might be surprised how long the batteries last especially if you're pedaling a lot. I never look at the indicator lights on the battery.

Carsten

Hi Ryan!

With > 250 W (allowed up to 1000 W) you need a liability insurance for small motorized vehicles (like mopeds). The RadWagon falls into a new legal class of electrically powered small vehicles, called L1e-a (<= 25 km/h). L1e-b is up to 45 km/h. The insurance is shown with a number plate you get from the insurance company. Unlike motorbikes or cars, there is no need for a registration. The ebikes with <= 250 W are just bicyles, legally: No vehicle insurance, no Registration. These are a lot more popular in Germany: No act of bureaucracy whatsoever.

There is at least one more RadWagon owner in Germany who lives in Göttigen, and offers test rides with his own bike. That's what I've done first. Tried his bike. And fell in love immediately...

Quote from: Ryan on January 01, 2020, 11:57:09 AM
Welcome to the forum Cartsten! I don't think I've heard from someone who has purchased a Rad Power Bike that lives in Germany. Good to hear that they are also competitively priced not just in the US but across Europe as well. It sounds like Germany must not have the 250 watt motor restrictions that we've seen elsewhere. You'll love the Wagon for grocery shopping. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Hi!

Ryan

Quote from: Carsten on January 03, 2020, 08:01:27 AM
Hi Ryan!

With > 250 W (allowed up to 1000 W) you need a liability insurance for small motorized vehicles (like mopeds). The RadWagon falls into a new legal class of electrically powered small vehicles, called L1e-a (<= 25 km/h). L1e-b is up to 45 km/h. The insurance is shown with a number plate you get from the insurance company. Unlike motorbikes or cars, there is no need for a registration. The ebikes with <= 250 W are just bicyles, legally: No vehicle insurance, no Registration. These are a lot more popular in Germany: No act of bureaucracy whatsoever.

There is at least one more RadWagon owner in Germany who lives in Göttigen, and offers test rides with his own bike. That's what I've done first. Tried his bike. And fell in love immediately...

Quote from: Ryan on January 01, 2020, 11:57:09 AM

Hi!

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

fin_rad

Greetings from Finland, one new Rad ebike owner here also. Bought a RadRhino 2019 with 750W motor in January and done 70 km (around 43 miles) so far. Enjoying each one :) Hoping to find good tips and help from this forum.