News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by Ryan, November 28, 2018, 08:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Robert Kuntz

The ramp only sticks out the back when the bikes are loaded. When the bikes come out, the ramp goes catty-corner into the bed and the bed cover (a BakFlip) comes down and the tailgate locks.

Would love to be able to figure out how to post photos. Let me know if there's a tutorial.

As for the Lang, no, I didn't serve. I DID spend the mid-80s covering the military, especially military aviation, as a newspaper reporter. I spent good chunks of time aboard a few carriers, especially the CVT-16 Lexington.

I did spend a VERY exciting afternoon and evening on a Knox Class frigate when they were doing support of an exercise by Air Force PJs parachuting into the sea. Cannot recall her name all these years later. . . but what a ride.

Ryan

Welcome to the forum Gary and Robert! As far as photos the easiest way is to use Tapatalk which is an app on your phone. You can then add the Rad Owners Forum. Or you can upload them from your desktop using the 'Attachments and other options' which is below the box you type in.  There is a max size in order to keep down on space though. Under Attach, choose file and upload. Hope this helps!

Robert Kuntz

Thanks Ryan. Using the app now.

Very easy. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Robert Kuntz

Oh well, not sure why one is sideways. But this is progress for a Boomer.

pedarro

Pedarro from Southern Cali.

When the pandemic hit, I was excited to explore my quaint beach town, so I ordered the Radrunner Plus. After close to four months, it finally arrived a few days ago. In the interim, I rented a RadRover, to get familiar with the company, the bike and to reacquaint myself with the Santa Barbara area. I look forward to making some modifications to the bike, once I get the build flaws worked out.  I look forward to being apart of this community.

Ryan

Quote from: pedarro on November 04, 2020, 11:22:53 AM
Pedarro from Southern Cali.

When the pandemic hit, I was excited to explore my quaint beach town, so I ordered the Radrunner Plus. After close to four months, it finally arrived a few days ago. In the interim, I rented a RadRover, to get familiar with the company, the bike and to reacquaint myself with the Santa Barbara area. I look forward to making some modifications to the bike, once I get the build flaws worked out.  I look forward to being apart of this community.

Welcome Pedarro!

mtngrl

OK, so please bear with this newbie as I figure things out... :-)  I am impressed with the Rad lineup but am driving myself crazy trying to decide which model to order. Most of my riding would be on bike paths (paved or dirt), but I would not necessarily rule out total off-road or sand travel. I am very comfortable on bikes, scooters, and motorcycles, but my challenge is I'm only 5'4". One of the Rad customer service folks counseled me that the RadRover Step Thru 1 would be too big for me and steered me to the smaller bikes. I'm not keen on the handlebars of the new RadRunner Plus, but it has other features that make it sound better than the RadMini. So, I'm hoping you all may have some thoughts to share with a vertically challenged (i.e. short) rider. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Altema

Quote from: mtngrl on November 27, 2020, 12:43:03 PM
OK, so please bear with this newbie as I figure things out... :-)  I am impressed with the Rad lineup but am driving myself crazy trying to decide which model to order. Most of my riding would be on bike paths (paved or dirt), but I would not necessarily rule out total off-road or sand travel. I am very comfortable on bikes, scooters, and motorcycles, but my challenge is I'm only 5'4". One of the Rad customer service folks counseled me that the RadRover Step Thru 1 would be too big for me and steered me to the smaller bikes. I'm not keen on the handlebars of the new RadRunner Plus, but it has other features that make it sound better than the RadMini. So, I'm hoping you all may have some thoughts to share with a vertically challenged (i.e. short) rider. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Welcome to the Forums! 5'4" is not short in my book; my wife is 5'2" and my best friend is 5'0", and she used to drive a Hummer!
Regarding the bikes, both are good, but with different features like you already noticed. The RadRunner Plus has the integrated rack and a passenger seat, and also has a suspension fork and a 7 speed drivetrain which the regular RadRunner does not have.

It's a nice package, and aside from having to replace the seat post to fit some seats, the only advantages of the mini are the folding feature and slightly less weight, and the ability to add a custom rear rack. If you do decide on the Mini though, have no fear about durability. I ride mine hard and even go on mountain bike trails, and the ability to fold has not shown any weaknesses.

mtngrl

Quote from: Altema on November 27, 2020, 05:31:52 PM
Welcome to the Forums! 5'4" is not short in my book; my wife is 5'2" and my best friend is 5'0", and she used to drive a Hummer!
Regarding the bikes, both are good, but with different features like you already noticed. The RadRunner Plus has the integrated rack and a passenger seat, and also has a suspension fork and a 7 speed drivetrain which the regular RadRunner does not have.

It's a nice package, and aside from having to replace the seat post to fit some seats, the only advantages of the mini are the folding feature and slightly less weight, and the ability to add a custom rear rack. If you do decide on the Mini though, have no fear about durability. I ride mine hard and even go on mountain bike trails, and the ability to fold has not shown any weaknesses.

Hey, Thanks Altema. Much appreciated. I'm curious if you or others have any thoughts about the high-rise type handlebars on the Radrunner Plus. I'm so used to flatter mountain bike handlebars. Is the high-rise more/less comfortable than the more traditional bars on the mini? How 'bout maneuverabilit? y, height adjustment, etc? Thanks again.

GeekAtLarge

I'm from Alexandria, VA. I found a RadRover Step Through 1 on Facebook Marketplace sold by the uncle of the previous owner who ordered and assembled the eBike before he died. It had zero miles on it and was clean as a whistle. I had to drive 2 hours away to purchase it, but got a great deal! I have looked at purchasing a RadRover for 3 years and found this deal just as I was ready to buy. I've only put about 50 miles on it, but I LOVE it! I'm 59, and hate hills. This makes me feel like I'm a kid again, and I still get great exercise on it. I would recommend an eBike to all of my friends, and although a RadRover is the monster-truck of eBikes, Rad Power has many models to choose from for any riding taste.

jbfoster

Hi Everyone, My name is Jim Foster From Fresno California. I received my RadRover 5 on 9/22/20. Currently I have 370 miles on my Rad. I ride to work almost every day. 8 mile round trip. I would like to ride on the weekends but there is really no where to ride around here that is fun. I see other people posting on Facebook of the nice places they have to ride. Friday I did pick up a motorcycle carrier for $109 from Harbor Freight. Saturday my blazer started acting up so not sure how soon I will get to use the carrier to go somewhere to ride. My other car is a 2020 Camry and I do not want to put a hitch on and have issues later with the car warranty. I think have have everything I want for my Radrover.

Here is my list:

Ibera rack trunk bag and panier bags.
Bike radar.
Turn signals front and back.
Bar end mirror.
Cloud 9 seat.
Rechargeable light.
Phone holder with tether.
GZila water bottle holder.
Two handle bar extenders.

The Ibera rack, trunk bag and panier bags have been good. No issues with them at all.

The bike radar was pricey but I like it. I use Ride with GPS app for rides and the Radar works with this app. There is times I don't notice a car and scares the shit out of me when they pass. Now I know. Also I don't have to look over my shoulder as much. This radar does not replace looking over your shoulder so when I get the all clear from the Radar I then look over my shoulder.

I bought two turn signals. Both pair with one remote on the handlebar but the front one I had to mount upside down. The turn signal has a flashing blue light mode which here in California will get you in trouble with the police so I took both turn signals apart and put black paint on the blue LED's. While I had the front turn signal apart I switched sides on the turn LED's so now I can mount the front one correct side up.

Bar end mirror is fine. Stays put and does not vibrate. Cloud 9 seat is ok but when I do 20 plus mile ride my but still gets sore. It's is an improvement over the stock seat but if I ride not stop for 20 miles my butt does start getting sore. I tried the Cascade water bottle mount but had problems with the top of my water bottle hitting my handle bars so I tried the GZila mount and it's perfect. I was able to tilt the mount back. When I first saw the GZila mount for $55 I said hell no I'm not paying that much for a water bottle mount but in the end I did. The GZila is a really nice water bottle mount. I like how you can tilt it back. 

I had one handlebar extender but things got crowded on the bar and I also wanted my phone holder up higher. I got another extender and attached it to the first extender. No issues with the extenders so far. The phone holder has worked well for me. Most of the holders on Amazon did have a review or two about the phone holder breaking and their phone smashing on the ground. I got a leather strap with a hook and attached it to my handle bar and phone as a tether so if the mount was to break my phone won't smash on the ground. I am using my old Android phone as a bike computer. I didn't want to put my $1,000 iPhone on the handle bar and subject my phone to all that vibration. I think I am going to return the light and try another. I swear the light was brighter when I firs got it. The last night ride the light was dimmer than when I first got it. I have tried several lights and have not been happy yet. The main problem is the sellers lie about how many Lumens the light outputs so it's a trial and error thing you have to do.

Jim

essarbee

Hi all,
Susanna here! Just got a Radrunner and loving it.
I live in Boston.

Curt Dean

Hi all, New member from Dayton, Ohio. Own a Rad Rover and a Rad Runner Plus. The Rad Runner Plus is the 5th Rad I've own over the years.

Ryan

Welcome to the forum Curt, Susanna and Jim!

Curt - what year was your first Rad?

reppac

Hello all,
Fred here, living in New Jersey. I got my RadRover in August. It's my first ebike and certainly one of the best purchases I've ever made! Living on the coastal plain I don't have any concerns with hills and have found that the bike works great on the beach and the wooded trails that I ride. The forum has proved to be a great way of staying in touch with other Rad owners and exchanged information. Take Care and "Ride Rad."