Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 117146 times)

steevwatson

• View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself!
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2020, 03:49:15 PM »
Hi I'm Steve. I live just outside Edinburgh in Scotland. I've just recently bought a Radmini 4 EU version. An ebike is something I've been looking to buy for a long time and the folding mini means I can keep it in my flat.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2020, 04:53:25 PM »
Hi I'm Steve. I live just outside Edinburgh in Scotland. I've just recently bought a Radmini 4 EU version. An ebike is something I've been looking to buy for a long time and the folding mini means I can keep it in my flat.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Welcome Steve! Great to have some folks from across the pond!

yellowdirt

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2020, 04:16:39 AM »
Hey all,

I'm Chris, from London in the UK. Hope you're all well. Just took receipt of a Radrunner a couple of weeks ago and am loving it. I know that the motor is capped at 250W, but for flat roads of London i'm loving it! Waiting for Rad to have more of the fenders and baskets in stock, as well as the premium light.

Always keen to personalise and customise. A Bolton controller down the road might be something that i go for, although i'm finding the control panel (although basic) very easy to use while cycling to reluctant to do so. Just got some Hafney mirrors and looking at my options for indicator / turn lights.

Also on the list is a new more comfortable saddle, although i think that means i also need to get a new seatpost as well? Given that the Radrunner doesn't have any suspension, i don't know if a suspension seatpost would be an ok compromise.

Cheers,

Chris

Bob Morton

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2020, 06:56:38 PM »
Hi, very happy to have found the forum. I bought a Rad City for the wife (who loves it) and am waiting now for delivery of my own Rad City in June. I also like the reg capability of the Rad City.
I live in Bellingham WA and these bikes are great for the hilly terrain. I've counted 15 so far, so it's clear these are great bikes for the money.
Looking forward to the great tips and information shared by the members
Bob

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2020, 07:42:03 PM »
Welcome Bob and Chris! Thanks for joining.

Chris - keep in mind you will lose out on the seat being flush with the rear passenger seat. Also with a suspension seatpost the minimum height of the seat will also increase. Not a deal breaker for most but just something to keep in mind. Most people I have seen who have upgraded to a suspension seatpost find it to be a great upgrade. I will be sharing my thoughts in a video once I get to test it out. Our RadWagon doesn't have suspension either so I imagine the improvements will be similar.

yellowdirt

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2020, 01:02:43 AM »
Welcome Bob and Chris! Thanks for joining.

Chris - keep in mind you will lose out on the seat being flush with the rear passenger seat. Also with a suspension seatpost the minimum height of the seat will also increase. Not a deal breaker for most but just something to keep in mind. Most people I have seen who have upgraded to a suspension seatpost find it to be a great upgrade. I will be sharing my thoughts in a video once I get to test it out. Our RadWagon doesn't have suspension either so I imagine the improvements will be similar.

Thanks Ryan. I'm quite a heavy rider, and i saw that some of the suspension seat posts come with a rider limit too.

RMM

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2020, 07:43:29 AM »
Bought the rad rover May 12th.  Eagerly awaiting delivery!

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2020, 08:54:13 AM »
Bought the rad rover May 12th.  Eagerly awaiting delivery!

I assume you mean June 12th? Welcome to the forum!

JWilson

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2020, 09:16:41 AM »
Just joined. Proud owner of two Rad Runners. Wife and I love them. Got us back into biking again. Jim

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 28, 2020, 10:59:34 AM »
Just joined. Proud owner of two Rad Runners. Wife and I love them. Got us back into biking again. Jim

Welcome Jim!

Fenceman1

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 02, 2020, 02:28:09 PM »
Hello all, John from West Virginia.  Just purchased a Rad City for me and a Rad City step-thru for my wife. Hope to be enjoying them soon and to take them camping with the river trails here in WV.

lw9090

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 03, 2020, 06:31:39 AM »
Hello All,
Larry here. I am from SW Ohio area and ordered a Rad Rover on May 21st. When I ordered it said June shipping date but the next day showed July, I sure hope I get it in June.

After I ordered I drove over to Indianapolis area and rented one for an hour. EZBike rentals was great and very much enjoyed the ride and rental. I went about 15 miles (1 hour) on the Pennsy and Buck Trail and only used about 1 bar. Jim was super nice and helpful.

I can't wait for mine to get here.  ;D

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2020, 07:14:26 AM »
Welcome John and Larry!

John - would love to see some pictures of taking them on the road.

Larry - That's great you were able to try one out at a rental place. I think that is going to become a more prevalent way of making an ebike purchasing decision. Hope it arrives soon!

jennicappuccino

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2020, 01:13:41 PM »
Hey Guys!

My name is Jennica have I've had the RadRunner Plus in my cart for some days now since I am so indecisive on what ebike to actually purchase! I am hoping to gain a bit more knowledge on which RadRunner to purchase in this forum and then hopefully learn, share and contribute to the community!

I bought a regular bike just to get out of the house because of the pandemic, and although I am pretty young, the steep bay area hills got me! It left my experience displeasure-able so that is why I sought after ebikes. I am debating between the 1) RRPlus because of all the added accessories and power, 2) the Radrunner 1 for its affordability or 3) the Radcity Step through for its compact-ability. I tried scouring through people's feedback and the overall consensus is that you all loved your bikes despite the model which does not help me at all haha!

Excited to purchase soon so I can experience it in the nice weather we are having lately.  ;D

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2020, 07:09:15 PM »
Hey Guys!

My name is Jennica have I've had the RadRunner Plus in my cart for some days now since I am so indecisive on what ebike to actually purchase! I am hoping to gain a bit more knowledge on which RadRunner to purchase in this forum and then hopefully learn, share and contribute to the community!

I bought a regular bike just to get out of the house because of the pandemic, and although I am pretty young, the steep bay area hills got me! It left my experience displeasure-able so that is why I sought after ebikes. I am debating between the 1) RRPlus because of all the added accessories and power, 2) the Radrunner 1 for its affordability or 3) the Radcity Step through for its compact-ability. I tried scouring through people's feedback and the overall consensus is that you all loved your bikes despite the model which does not help me at all haha!

Excited to purchase soon so I can experience it in the nice weather we are having lately.  ;D

Hi Jennica, welcome to the forum! Just to clarify the RadRunner 1 and the RadRunner Plus have the same motor. Besides the accessories, between those two the biggest factor is whether you need the additional gears. Compared to the RadCity you're looking at a completely different riding style. The RadCity is going to feel more like a regular bike and the Runner is scooter style (though you can lift the seat). The RadRunner motor has twice the torque as the RadCity though that hasn't prevented us from tackling the biggest of hills with our RadWagon which also has the same motor as the RadCity. Hopefully this helps a little bit - let us know if you have any other questions. There are pros and cons to each, it ultimately is going to depend on your riding preference and the features you want out of your ebike.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2020, 07:09:15 PM »