News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by Ryan, November 28, 2018, 08:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Ryan

Quote from: Kre8tiv1 on May 06, 2020, 10:19:00 AM
Quote from: Ryan on May 05, 2020, 06:07:45 PM
Quote from: Kre8tiv1 on May 05, 2020, 03:37:53 PM
Hi!  I just received my green Rad Runner after a week of delays from FedEx.  Took my first ride and I love it!!  Bought the center console, but don't care for it so much and will return.  What are smallish alternatives for storage?

Congrats! What don't you like about the center console? That might help to figure out what other storage options might be good. For us we just bought this alternative phone bag for our RadWagon (not positive if the geometry of the Runner would be problematic): https://amzn.to/2YEZEVl It actually provides a decent amount of space for some small items. Otherwise for the rear rack look at panniers. I know some people like the offerings from Roswheel and they make some green ones that might look cool with the green RadRunner: https://amzn.to/35Ln5hD Otherwise you might want to look at options that would mount in front of the handlebars.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

Hi Ryan,

The center console is too big.  One of the reasons for purchasing the Runner was the step-thru feature. Not possible to do with the console installed.  I really want something smallish.  The panniers look big.  Maybe not tho.  Also need some mirrors.

The style of bike mirror you'll want to get for the RadRunner is this type: https://amzn.to/2Wa3R1Z (Note the one I commonly recommend, the Mirrycle will not work due to the inside of the handlebars). As far as panniers you should look at the dimensions as they come in varying sizes. The Fremont panniers that Rad sells fit well on the bikes with the rear racks but are actually small on the Wagon. See this video here if you're curious: https://youtu.be/uCXP1Y4pd4Q. Either way just look at the dimensions and see if you can find something smaller if that's what you're looking for.

Ballermaris

Well, I am from Atlanta, Georgia. I have a 2019 RadWagon bright orange in color. It is not my first Ebike, the previous one was never that good from a now out of business company in New York.

I am 59, like to travel when I can and will use the RadWagon when camping. Because of the way my rig is set up, the RadWagon will be transported on the front end of the Wrangler that I use to tow the trailer. I have ordered a Curt Front mount (use 31432 Model for the Wrangler) where it will ride on the bike carrier I bought from RAD.

I will do some riding this coming weekend, to get to know it and to break it in.

Since I live on the East Coast there are no established assembly companies that could be sought out by the firm used by RAD. So I ended up finally locating an independent shop that did an excellent job. He was very detailed, and even put grease on all the screws and then trued the rims and adjusted the brakes so there was no rubbing.

Once I get eh mount on the Jeep, I'll take a picture of the Radwagon to show what it looks like while in the travel position.

Ballermaris
2019 RadWagon

Ryan

Quote from: Ballermaris on May 07, 2020, 03:21:37 PM
Well, I am from Atlanta, Georgia. I have a 2019 RadWagon bright orange in color. It is not my first Ebike, the previous one was never that good from a now out of business company in New York.

I am 59, like to travel when I can and will use the RadWagon when camping. Because of the way my rig is set up, the RadWagon will be transported on the front end of the Wrangler that I use to tow the trailer. I have ordered a Curt Front mount (use 31432 Model for the Wrangler) where it will ride on the bike carrier I bought from RAD.

I will do some riding this coming weekend, to get to know it and to break it in.

Since I live on the East Coast there are no established assembly companies that could be sought out by the firm used by RAD. So I ended up finally locating an independent shop that did an excellent job. He was very detailed, and even put grease on all the screws and then trued the rims and adjusted the brakes so there was no rubbing.

Once I get eh mount on the Jeep, I'll take a picture of the Radwagon to show what it looks like while in the travel position.

Welcome! And please do share a picture of the RadWagon on the Jeep.

JimA

Hi. Jim here from southeast Michigan. I just got a Rad City step through and am really enjoying it. I've had an e bike from another maker for a year or so and while I liked it ok I decided to step up a bit. I'm 73 and recently began feeling my age. I cannot swing my legs over a bike seat as well as I once could and decided a step through would be a better fit. I'm glad I did. The Rad City is very easy to mount and dismount. The weather hasn't been very cooperative since it came but I have had a chance to put about 100 miles on it. The roads and bike paths here are kind of rough so I opted for the suspension seat post. Between that and the suspension front forks the ride is pretty smooth.

matty

Hi I'm Matt I ordered a radrover a couple weeks ago and I am hoping to get it in June. I used to do a whole lot of mountain biking but stopped mostly due to my hand getting numb and my neck hurting. I don't think it is carpal tunnel but I have come to the conclusion it is due to poor fit of the bike. Anyway there are tons of trails near my house and I am hoping to explore these with my new bike next month.
I think the rad community is awesome and is one of the reasons I went with Rad...

Ryan

Quote from: matty on May 08, 2020, 04:55:50 AM
Hi I'm Matt I ordered a radrover a couple weeks ago and I am hoping to get it in June. I used to do a whole lot of mountain biking but stopped mostly due to my hand getting numb and my neck hurting. I don't think it is carpal tunnel but I have come to the conclusion it is due to poor fit of the bike. Anyway there are tons of trails near my house and I am hoping to explore these with my new bike next month.
I think the rad community is awesome and is one of the reasons I went with Rad...
Welcome Matt! Totally agree - the community is great and it's hard to put a price on that. Many downstream benefits over the long term.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Ryan

Quote from: JimA on May 08, 2020, 04:45:54 AM
Hi. Jim here from southeast Michigan. I just got a Rad City step through and am really enjoying it. I've had an e bike from another maker for a year or so and while I liked it ok I decided to step up a bit. I'm 73 and recently began feeling my age. I cannot swing my legs over a bike seat as well as I once could and decided a step through would be a better fit. I'm glad I did. The Rad City is very easy to mount and dismount. The weather hasn't been very cooperative since it came but I have had a chance to put about 100 miles on it. The roads and bike paths here are kind of rough so I opted for the suspension seat post. Between that and the suspension front forks the ride is pretty smooth.
Thanks for joining Jim. Totally agree on the Midwest weather. High of 42 today.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

jshill

Hello All. I am Jim from Columbus, Ohio. As a 70-year-old, I really appreciate the pedal assist of e-bikes, and have two (1 Trek, 1 Radmini4). I have had the Radmini for 2 weeks noqw, and have put 120 miles on it. I LOVE the bike. So far it's been MOSTLY on bike paths and streets, with a few short trials off-road. During the summer we vacation in upper Michigan, where I will get to do some SERIOUS trail riding, and I cannot wait!

What I have done with the bike is replace the seat with a Selle SMP, and add reflective tape to cover the orange (sorry, Rad, but I HATE orange). I added an after-market rack on the rear, and am awaiting a Rockbros bar bag, and 2 Mirrycle mirrors. I also received the Suntour seat post with the bike delivery, and highly recommend that.

Happy Trails!

Ryan

Quote from: jshill on May 14, 2020, 11:03:32 AM
Hello All. I am Jim from Columbus, Ohio. As a 70-year-old, I really appreciate the pedal assist of e-bikes, and have two (1 Trek, 1 Radmini4). I have had the Radmini for 2 weeks noqw, and have put 120 miles on it. I LOVE the bike. So far it's been MOSTLY on bike paths and streets, with a few short trials off-road. During the summer we vacation in upper Michigan, where I will get to do some SERIOUS trail riding, and I cannot wait!

What I have done with the bike is replace the seat with a Selle SMP, and add reflective tape to cover the orange (sorry, Rad, but I HATE orange. I added an after-market rack on the rear, and am awaiting a Rockbros bar bag, and 2 Mirrycle mirrors. I also received the Suntour seat post with the bike delivery, and highly recommend that.

Happy Trails!

Welcome Jim, would love to hear more about the Trek and your thoughts compared to the RadMini.

tmgarvey

Hi, all, my name's Teri and I'm in South Jersey (right across from Phila). I just ordered a RadCity Step-Thru, which won't get here till late June, apparently. I'm in my early 60s, in good health but terrible shape in terms of exercise. Working from home hasn't been much of a change for me--I've worked remotely for over 8 years--but I at least used to enjoy getting out to travel and go to shows/concerts. I'm now finding myself pretty much glued to the sofa and need some exercise (and fun!).

I used to enjoy biking in my youth but it's probably been 30-35 years since I've ridden, and the terrain around here is hillier than I'd be inclined to struggle with. I just sort of stumbled on a video for the Rad Power Bikes, and after researching it, finally decided to go for it. There are some great places to ride around here--especially if I don't have to sweat the hills.

My brain sort of glazes over when I read about all the technical stuff, so there will be a bit of a learning curve there. I'm glad to find this forum where I can ask questions. I already got a quote from a local bike shop for assembly ($150), so I've got that covered. I ordered a few accessories and those are already shipped. I guess one thing we are all learning from the current experience is patience (hopefully!), so I'll just have to live vicariously through you nice people while I wait for my new toy.

Ryan

Quote from: tmgarvey on May 16, 2020, 06:10:19 AM
Hi, all, my name's Teri and I'm in South Jersey (right across from Phila). I just ordered a RadCity Step-Thru, which won't get here till late June, apparently. I'm in my early 60s, in good health but terrible shape in terms of exercise. Working from home hasn't been much of a change for me--I've worked remotely for over 8 years--but I at least used to enjoy getting out to travel and go to shows/concerts. I'm now finding myself pretty much glued to the sofa and need some exercise (and fun!).

I used to enjoy biking in my youth but it's probably been 30-35 years since I've ridden, and the terrain around here is hillier than I'd be inclined to struggle with. I just sort of stumbled on a video for the Rad Power Bikes, and after researching it, finally decided to go for it. There are some great places to ride around here--especially if I don't have to sweat the hills.

My brain sort of glazes over when I read about all the technical stuff, so there will be a bit of a learning curve there. I'm glad to find this forum where I can ask questions. I already got a quote from a local bike shop for assembly ($150), so I've got that covered. I ordered a few accessories and those are already shipped. I guess one thing we are all learning from the current experience is patience (hopefully!), so I'll just have to live vicariously through you nice people while I wait for my new toy.

Welcome Teri! Good for you taking the initiative to get back on a bike. In my experience one of the great things about an ebike is there is never an excuse not to go. If needed you could always just throttle the entire way but inevitably when you get out there you pedal at least a little. Glad to hear a local bike shop is able to help you out.

rowanamethyst

Oh I should probably introduce myself here, shouldn't I? I'm Rowan, I'm 35 years old, I live in Lyons, PA, and I have a 2019 (or maybe 2020?) RadWagon. I use it mostly just for fun right now, but once I have some storage on-board I'll be trying to use it for grocery runs and the like.

I've only put about 20 miles on it so far, but hopefully I'll be doing more with it soon. Lyons is a tiny town, so to get anything done I have to travel to the adjoining town of Kutztown (about a 3 mile trip). I'm severely out of shape, so having an e-bike is a great stepping stone toward being healthy, and being active. I used to ride a bike everywhere when I was a child, so I'm familiar with the process, but I've found even with that background I've forgotten much about how to ride. I have a partially paralyzed right hand from a stroke, which makes operating the rear brakes, throttle, and shifter tricky, but I make do.

Ryan

Quote from: rowanamethyst on May 16, 2020, 06:07:45 PM
Oh I should probably introduce myself here, shouldn't I? I'm Rowan, I'm 35 years old, I live in Lyons, PA, and I have a 2019 (or maybe 2020?) RadWagon. I use it mostly just for fun right now, but once I have some storage on-board I'll be trying to use it for grocery runs and the like.

I've only put about 20 miles on it so far, but hopefully I'll be doing more with it soon. Lyons is a tiny town, so to get anything done I have to travel to the adjoining town of Kutztown (about a 3 mile trip). I'm severely out of shape, so having an e-bike is a great stepping stone toward being healthy, and being active. I used to ride a bike everywhere when I was a child, so I'm familiar with the process, but I've found even with that background I've forgotten much about how to ride. I have a partially paralyzed right hand from a stroke, which makes operating the rear brakes, throttle, and shifter tricky, but I make do.

Welcome Rowan! The RadWagon is a fantastic grocery getter. Be sure to share your storage solution. We currently use backpacks/messenger bags attached to each side of the running boards and then a milk crate when needed. It doesn't look pretty, but it works. Good for you taking the initiative to be more active.

rowanamethyst

Quote from: Ryan on May 17, 2020, 06:44:45 AM
Quote from: rowanamethyst on May 16, 2020, 06:07:45 PM

Welcome Rowan! The RadWagon is a fantastic grocery getter. Be sure to share your storage solution. We currently use backpacks/messenger bags attached to each side of the running boards and then a milk crate when needed. It doesn't look pretty, but it works. Good for you taking the initiative to be more active.

I ended up ordering the Roswheel 3-in-1 pannier that you have posted elsewhere on the forums, I liked the functionality of the center bag detaching and turning into a shoulder bag. I also ordered a new helmet, one that should actually fit on my head and attach under my chin, the Mongoose helmet I got previously runs out of strap length before I can fasten it. Helmets aren't required for bikes in PA but I figure if I'm going 20mph on two wheels, I'm clumsy enough that I should probably protect my head. My next additions will likely be a mirror and maybe a phone cradle, but let's wait until my bank account settles from these purchases first.

Ryan

Great, hopefully those will work out for you Rowan. I highly recommend the Mirrycle bike mirror and I actually made some adjustments today to my accessories list for the phone mounts. Here is a link to everything once you've saved up: https://ebikeescape.com/electric-bike-accessories/

In my opinion a bike mirror is almost a necessity from a safety perspective. I used to think they were silly but they really do make a difference.