Author Topic: Introduce yourself!  (Read 116989 times)

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Introduce yourself!
« on: November 28, 2018, 08:18:56 AM »
Hi all!

I am the proud owner of a 2018 Rad Wagon. It has been our favorite purchase ever and we put on 1800 miles in our first summer in Wisconsin. It's been a real joy to replace many of our in town car trips.

I've been amazed by the community around Rad Power Bikes and wanted to do my part in both furthering the community and the adoption of ebikes in general. I've been involved in running websites in the past and it is something I enjoy doing. I saw an opportunity for a forum dedicated to Rad Power Bikes which led to the creation of Rad Owners. I hope you find the forum beneficial and I want to thank those who take the time to share their knowledge with others. Rad on!  8)

Feel free to introduce yourself below!

Philipstormy

• View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 07:34:07 AM »
Hi I'm Phil live in Wales (UK) bought a 2018 RadRhino 2 weeks ago!! Mainly to get me back on the saddle but also to get fitter. Definitely  working!!!

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 07:36:43 AM »
Hi I'm Phil live in Wales (UK) bought a 2018 RadRhino 2 weeks ago!! Mainly to get me back on the saddle but also to get fitter. Definitely  working!!!

Thanks for joining us from the UK! My girlfriend took a vacation to North Wales a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it - did lots of hiking. You live in a beautiful place.

FieryJack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 10:35:06 AM »
hello, I'm John.
Dublin born and bred but living in Bucharest.
RadRover 2017...   with a long list of modifications!  :)

Becki777

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 03:57:56 PM »
Hi  I'm Becki , Like this idea, I'm a new city step through owner and I'm sure I'll have questions!! I'm from Pennsylvania USA Looking forward to adventures 😀

wetcoast

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 04:55:12 PM »
I'm Chris from Maple Ridge BC, Canada, and got my Rover in September of this year. Liked it so much, we got my wife a mini a month ago.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 06:04:28 PM »
hello, I'm John.
Dublin born and bred but living in Bucharest.
RadRover 2017...   with a long list of modifications!  :)
Great to have an early adopter here! Have to admit that I had to look up where Bucharest was.

Hi  I'm Becki , Like this idea, I'm a new city step through owner and I'm sure I'll have questions!! I'm from Pennsylvania USA Looking forward to adventures 😀
Awesome! Please feel free to ask any questions you have. If I can't answer them I'm sure someone here will chime in :)

I'm Chris from Maple Ridge BC, Canada, and got my Rover in September of this year. Liked it so much, we got my wife a mini a month ago.

Very cool! I think if we were to buy another one we'd go with the Mini so we can take it on road trips.

Joeking

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 07:04:24 PM »
Hi, my name is Clive from Langley, BC Canada
I’m a very old (64) and not too fit, wannabe cyclist (?) Recovering from a shoulder injury.
I have a 2018 City which I purchased in June 2018 and I think it has about 38 Km’s on it so far.
Have lots of good intentions but I’m also somewhat nervous riding. Hopefully we will have a good winter and I can still get to ride. Looking forward to this forum being successful. Cheers everyone

RyanP

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 07:44:49 PM »
Hi, I'm Ryan and live in Washington State south of Seattle and have a 2018 Rover.  I'm in the beginning of absolutely loving this after finding Rad in Long Beach, WA and riding it down the beach with pure unfiltered joy.  I live in a rainy place with not many places to ride immediately around me but have spent my first 50 miles in the city just riding around in neighborhoods and enjoying being outside.  I almost bought a mini on Monday, but after putting it into my cart multiple times I figured I'd better just get a lot of use out of my Rover first.  Just not easy to get around everywhere and not feeling the $400 bike stand after I bought a different one before I got my Rover.  Hoping for some clear weather this weekend to do some riding!

Barry S

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 01:11:39 AM »
Moved back to the island of O'ahu in 2015 with my family after being gone for 30 years to help care for my aging father-in-law. I'm fortunate that my workplace is only 8 miles away, and between Honolulu's traffic gridlock and being a 1-car family I started commuting to work on a Trek FX 7.2 "fitness" bike. Did that for almost 3 years and decided I couldn't take another summer of pedaling in the heat and humidity without assistance. This body isn't getting younger either.

This past July, I decided to pull the trigger on a 2018 RadRover after having the opportunity to test ride one at RPB's Seattle store during a business trip. Changed out the stock Kendas for a pair of road friendly Origin8 Supercell tires and am loving the ride to and from work. There may be better choices for a daily commuter, but when you've got to ride on a seriously deteriorating infrastructure like Honolulu's you need a bike that can take what the crappy roads throw at it and the RadRover fits the bill.

Starting to see a few ebikes here and there during my commute, but I think there's less than a half-dozen Rad Owners here. Hopefully, I can meet them all through this new forum.  :D
“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race.” – H.G. Wells

Nostrildomus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 08:06:29 AM »
Hey All,

After retirement, I moved from Bellingham, WA to Bend, OR and immediately bought 2 RadRovers for my wife & I.... loving it 8) Looking forward to seeing some modifications.
RetiredFirefighter/paramedic(since jan2018) / bought 2 RadRovers to enjoy Bend,OR

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2018, 08:42:31 AM »
Moved back to the island of O'ahu in 2015 with my family after being gone for 30 years to help care for my aging father-in-law. I'm fortunate that my workplace is only 8 miles away, and between Honolulu's traffic gridlock and being a 1-car family I started commuting to work on a Trek FX 7.2 "fitness" bike. Did that for almost 3 years and decided I couldn't take another summer of pedaling in the heat and humidity without assistance. This body isn't getting younger either.

This past July, I decided to pull the trigger on a 2018 RadRover after having the opportunity to test ride one at RPB's Seattle store during a business trip. Changed out the stock Kendas for a pair of road friendly Origin8 Supercell tires and am loving the ride to and from work. There may be better choices for a daily commuter, but when you've got to ride on a seriously deteriorating infrastructure like Honolulu's you need a bike that can take what the crappy roads throw at it and the RadRover fits the bill.

Starting to see a few ebikes here and there during my commute, but I think there's less than a half-dozen Rad Owners here. Hopefully, I can meet them all through this new forum.  :D

Aloha! I've heard good things about the Origin8 Supercell tires. I am compiling a lost of recommended improvements so I will definitely add this to the list. How did you get your bike to O'ahu? If memory serves Rad Power Bikes doesn't ship to Hawaii.

Hi, I'm Ryan and live in Washington State south of Seattle and have a 2018 Rover.  I'm in the beginning of absolutely loving this after finding Rad in Long Beach, WA and riding it down the beach with pure unfiltered joy.  I live in a rainy place with not many places to ride immediately around me but have spent my first 50 miles in the city just riding around in neighborhoods and enjoying being outside.  I almost bought a mini on Monday, but after putting it into my cart multiple times I figured I'd better just get a lot of use out of my Rover first.  Just not easy to get around everywhere and not feeling the $400 bike stand after I bought a different one before I got my Rover.  Hoping for some clear weather this weekend to do some riding!

Welcome Ryan! I imagine you'll see many Rads out in Seattle.

Hi, my name is Clive from Langley, BC Canada
I’m a very old (64) and not too fit, wannabe cyclist (?) Recovering from a shoulder injury.
I have a 2018 City which I purchased in June 2018 and I think it has about 38 Km’s on it so far.
Have lots of good intentions but I’m also somewhat nervous riding. Hopefully we will have a good winter and I can still get to ride. Looking forward to this forum being successful. Cheers everyone

Thanks for the kind words. The weight and speed is definitely intimidating at first.

Barry S

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2018, 11:03:32 AM »
The Supercells have been great thus far. Easy to mount and very quiet.

RPB does ship to Hawaii but they only use UPS Air at a stinging rate of $400 for door-to-door service. Voltbike on the other hand only charges $169 (usual fee of $49 + $120 surcharge for HI) and they ship by ocean freight and then the Buyer picks it up from the freight terminal. I know of at least 2 other RadRover owners and 1 RadWagon owner on O'ahu. There are a couple of shops that sell ebikes, but you can't pick up anything new for less than $2400.
“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race.” – H.G. Wells

Kowalski

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2019, 04:02:33 AM »
HI, Just registered but I bought my 2018 RadRhino in November 2018. I'm also in North Wales UK. The bike had done about 300 miles so far and its keeps getting better and better.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2019, 07:12:28 AM »
HI, Just registered but I bought my 2018 RadRhino in November 2018. I'm also in North Wales UK. The bike had done about 300 miles so far and its keeps getting better and better.

Awesome! We visited North Wales a few years ago and had a great time. I imagine there are plenty of great riding options there.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2019, 07:12:28 AM »