News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Tyre Wear

Started by FortunatelyTheMilk, August 20, 2020, 04:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

FortunatelyTheMilk

How long are you folks running tyres before changing them? I picked up my first puncture during the week, and while I was looking for the offending object, I was surprised by how much the centre inch of the tyre had worn down. I've only done about 800km (500mi), but I guess it's part and parcel of a heavy bike with all that power running through the back wheel? I'm not doing sick burnouts or anything like that, just riding on paved roads or gravel tracks.

It's still got plenty of life left in it, I'm just trying to figure out the life expectancy! :D

Ryan

3500 miles and the tires are getting to the point where they probably need to be replaced. However, I don't have issues with flats so trying to prolong the purchase  ;D

solitary

The rear on my Radrover is mostly bald at 1000 miles.  The front is still fine.  The stock Juggernauts are not exactly a long-wearing tire, apparently being more designed for grip than durability.

how

Near 900 km on my stock Juggernauts and those center treads look like they look like they are 1/2 way through their lifespan. Tannus armor protection inside might be something to consider since it means that only something sharp that is longer than 17mm will cause a flat....and you can also switch them over to whatever next tire you get.