News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Front light problem.

Started by antrev, August 17, 2020, 08:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

antrev

Hi guys, I have a new RadMini 4 and The front light doesn't turn on using the 1 and 2 buttons together as directed. I have checked the wire connector (near steering column) and plugged and unplugged it but it seems a good fit. The rear light and Everything else on the bike is working fine. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Quote from: antrev on August 17, 2020, 08:30:24 PM
Hi guys, I have a new RadMini 4 and The front light doesn't turn on using the 1 and 2 buttons together as directed. I have checked the wire connector (near steering column) and plugged and unplugged it but it seems a good fit. The rear light and Everything else on the bike is working fine. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

By 1 and 2 you are trying the PAS up button and the middle button? Is it still under warranty? May want to try and contacting Rad.

From the Mini owners manual:

. Turn on the headlight and taillight if needed or desired. Once the LCD display is on, hold down the top (up arrow) and middle (mode) buttons (located on the LCD display Remote) for approximately 2-3 seconds until the lights illuminate.

Not sure if all the Rads use the same light but there is also a switch on top of the light for on and off at least on the Runner. The back part of the light rotates left or right and the light will not turn on unless it is in the on position. You should also see the back light of the lcd illuminate when the light comes on. If the back light of the lcd comes on but not the front light look for the switch.

antrev

Thanks for your feed back guys. I am pressing the center and top buttons at the same time as explained in the Radmini manual. the front light came on twice out of about 20 tries (didn't check the rear light at the time). However, the rear light works every time when I apply the brakes. I have only had the bike for 2 weeks. Everything else on the bike works flawlessly accept the walk button (bottom one). It kicked in a few days ago for 5 seconds then nothing. PAS works fine as does the upgraded display (coloured one).

Well Rad doesn't have a color display so you'll have to be more specific. We'd like to help But need all the details.

antrev

I have installed the upgrade 35a controller and colour display. And am wondering if in fact I have a faulty display and the buttons are not working correctly on all functions. I have contacted the seller. Strange though because everything else I use the buttons for work great.

antrev

Update! Apparently the colour display buttons function slightly differently than the stock display buttons. To turn on the lights you press just the top button. Thanks for your help. Problem solved.