Author Topic: Where to get tubes?  (Read 12504 times)

stain007

• View Profile
Where to get tubes?
« on: June 10, 2020, 08:15:26 AM »
Rad Bikes is "Sold Out" of all tubes except K-Rad 20"x 4.25".  Any suggestions on where to get a replacement 20" x 4" or do I have to wait for Rad Bikes to re-up their inventory?  Will a 20" x 4.25" work on my Rad Runner that uses a 20" x 4"?

RadJohn

• View Profile
Re: Where to get tubes?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 06:30:46 PM »
Amazon is also presently temporarily out of stock on their 20" x 4.0" Mongoose tubes, so keep an eye on them as well to see who restocks first.

With regard to your question as to whether a 4.25" tube would fit a 4.0" tire, I can't say for sure, BUT, here's a somewhat related observation:

The RadMini 4 uses a 20" x 3.3" tire.
  If anyone makes a 20" x 3.3" tube, I've never seen one.
  Rad says the 3.3" Mini tire was designed to use a 4.0" tube and that's what they sell for it, so we know at least some "bigger tubes" fit "smaller tires".

Disclaimer, YMMV.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 08:33:09 AM by Ryan »

stain007

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 08:02:28 AM »
Rad now has tubes but buyer beware, tubes are $15.00 and shipping per tube is $12.00.  $27.00 for a tube.  If you buy more than 1 it is still $12.00 per tube.  4 tubes = $48 in shipping

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 07:41:16 PM »
Rad now has tubes but buyer beware, tubes are $15.00 and shipping per tube is $12.00.  $27.00 for a tube.  If you buy more than 1 it is still $12.00 per tube.  4 tubes = $48 in shipping

Wow that's crazy. Maybe I need to make sure I have links to all the tube sizes on my accessories list so people can find them cheaper.

RadJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 10:03:55 PM »
I just ordered two K-Rad 20 x 3.3" tires and two Kenda 20 x 4.0" tubes and the total shipping was $34 (to NY) so they must be giving some kind of multiple unit order quantity shipping discount. They broke the shipment down into two parts, tires & tubes coming on separate tracking numbers.

I'm still ticked off about their "accessories ship free with bike orders" promotion though. When I ordered my bike, they were out of stock on almost every  accessory I wanted and you couldn't add out of stock items to the initial order to qualify. So, I've  now shelled out about $60 in shipping charges on the things that have become available since (front & rear racks & large basket).

Another thing I've noticed about Rad is their back in stock notification emails that you can sign up for can be a bit late. I noticed the tubes were back in stock the other day when I went to order tires (after trashing one), and the back in stock email I had requested showed up a couple of days later. Same thing with the black RadMini Rear Racks. Even though I signed up, I've never received a notification that they were back in stock but I did see them listed one day, grabbed one, and they were out of stock again by the end of the day (and remain so). So, if you really want something, it just might pay to check regularly.

Solo Moto

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 09:36:32 PM »
Regarding shipping fees, when I purchased  two Rad Rover 5s, I called them to coordinate my Veteran discount ($200 off each bike!). I also wanted to order the rear racks at same time (with free shipping) but they were out of stock. They graciously made note in my account, notified me when the racks were back in stock and then provided free shipping based on my initial bike order deal. Can’t beat that! Sometimes talking with them helps!

Gene Pozniakoff

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 07:25:22 AM »
Ordered two 26" X 4.5" tubes from Bolton along with two blue wheel liners! Fast shipping and service from Bolton!

FortunatelyTheMilk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2020, 04:32:31 AM »
Euro folks! I picked a pair of Kendas from an Italian supplier through Amazon.co.uk:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MF2ZL3T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Arrived super fast too!

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2020, 04:32:31 AM »