Author Topic: Brakes RadRover (RadRhino)  (Read 8368 times)

Vid ?tiglic

• View Profile
Brakes RadRover (RadRhino)
« on: August 13, 2020, 11:21:37 PM »
Hi!
I bought a RadRhino (EU version of RadRover) in the winter and rode 700km (435miles). All good except for the brakes. I needed to adjust them 2 times already and now it seems like the front disc is bent as well.
Does anyone else have issues with brakes? Did anyone upgrade them for hydraulic?
Thanks,
Vid

fin_rad

• View Profile
Re: Brakes RadRover (RadRhino)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 12:12:26 AM »

Hi!
I bought a RadRhino (EU version of RadRover) in the winter and rode 700km (435miles). All good except for the brakes. I needed to adjust them 2 times already and now it seems like the front disc is bent as well.
Does anyone else have issues with brakes? Did anyone upgrade them for hydraulic?
Thanks,
Vid

I have exactly the same ebike, and also needed to adjust the brakes at least twice already. 1300+ km so far. And it seems my rear brake pads are pretty worn out already too. Not sure if some sand from my beach rides have done the job. Also getting that

The brake discs are really thin so they can be bent really easy. Not a big job to get them straight though.

This guy changed to SRAM hydraulic brakes:
https://youtu.be/OVAXf4Kbr74

steevwatson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 01:07:36 AM »
I have a RadMini and the exact same my front disk seems to be ok but the rear one seems to have a bend in it. I've done about 1300km and just changed the brake pads. The back ones were definitely getting worn probably due to the slight rub on the disk.

I'm trying to decide if I want to try to true the disk or if upgrading the brakes would be better.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Jman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 01:40:49 PM »
Interesting, the rear brake disk on my Radrunner came bent as well.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 02:14:30 PM »
The brakes are my biggest frustration with our RadWagon. I've just come to accept slight rubbing on the rear. I'd look at upgrading to hydraulic but not sure if I want to go without the motor cutoffs.

Vid ?tiglic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2020, 07:07:30 AM »
Thanks for all your replies!
I think that perhaps the best thing upgrade wise would be to do the same as the youtube guy - do the rear cable+hydraulic keeping one lever with the cutout and tge front fully hydraulic.
Unless there are any fully hydraulic brakes with cutoff.

steevwatson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 01:58:20 AM »

steevwatson

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2020, 02:01:48 AM »
Another option would be to add these to a set of brakes you choose.

https://h5.aliexpress.com/item/32870255761.html?spm=a2g0n.seo-amp-detail.moreToLove.32870255761

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

RMM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2020, 06:14:04 AM »
Bolton lists two upgrade options that keep the brake cutoff.  Presumably these could be sourced from somewhere in the EU?

https://boltonebikes.com/pages/radrover-upgrades

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2020, 08:08:15 PM »
Bolton lists two upgrade options that keep the brake cutoff.  Presumably these could be sourced from somewhere in the EU?

https://boltonebikes.com/pages/radrover-upgrades

This is very helpful. I didn't know that Bolton stocked these. If anyone decides to do this upgrade be sure to report back.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2020, 08:08:15 PM »