News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Radrunner Suspension seatpost with passenger package

Started by Jman, August 13, 2020, 01:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Jman

If you noticed on Radpower's website the Radrunner passenger package is not compatible with a suspension seatpost, which is true.  The seatpost will bottom out on the passenger seat, so I mounted the rear seat a bit further back which now allows the suspension seatpost to articulate correctly now.  New mounting holes were drilled in the rack which barely fit with the limited places the screws could go.

Ryan

Quote from: Jman on August 13, 2020, 01:26:24 AM
If you noticed on Radpower's website the Radrunner passenger package is not compatible with a suspension seatpost, which is true.  The seatpost will bottom out on the passenger seat, so I mounted the rear seat a bit further back which now allows the suspension seatpost to articulate correctly now.  New mounting holes were drilled in the rack which barely fit with the limited places the screws could go.

Great to know this. I hadn't thought of that issue for those who are shorter riders. I'll definitely be referring folks back to this thread so they can see it is possible.

I have pretty much the same setup and love the cushioned ride along with about 25 psi inch the tires. But there is a trade off that the seat is about 4 inches higher which takes away some of that low rider feel. Haven't decided if I like it but I do like a comfy seat.

Jman

I feel the same way, might try the cloud 9 on a regular seat post.

JimBo_KW

Quote from: Jman on August 17, 2020, 11:46:46 PM

I need to change my seat as well and I was curious to know if you tried this or not?

Jman

No, I have not purchased a regular seat post yet.

Quote from: JimBo_KW on August 26, 2020, 06:23:41 AM
Quote from: Jman on August 17, 2020, 11:46:46 PM

I need to change my seat as well and I was curious to know if you tried this or not?