News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Does the Battery really need to be in the "off" position to charge on bike?

Started by joshmkim, August 03, 2020, 10:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

joshmkim

Hi. Just got my new RadRover 5.  Loving it.  Question about charging the battery while on the bike. The manual says that the battery needs to be changed to the "off" position using the key to charge. With my Trek Verve+, I just turn the bike off and plug in the charger.  No need to fuss with a key.  Is this really the case with charging the RadRover battery while on the bike? No big deal, just wondering.  Thanks....Josh

cal

Maybe the easiest way to prove anything is just try it. I'm sure you'll figure it out quickly (no sarcasm intended) and let us know. A simple overnight test will be easy. Don't know if it's bad for the charging system but you would think it would be cautioned against if it's harmful.

Altema

I tried it, and it charges fine with the battery in the "On" position. I would be uncomfortable if the display was on, so I did not test that. I prefer it being off for safety reasons (we have kids around and the bike lives indoors).