News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

ELECTRONIC CRACKLE NOISE WHEN BRAKING - FIX?

Started by BRKLYNDUST, July 26, 2020, 02:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

BRKLYNDUST

Hi,

I love my Rad Runner but it is making an electrical crackling sound when I hit by front brakes.

Rad thought it was a faulty brake lever so the sent me a new one and I replaced it but it still crackles.  I disconnected the electrical wire for the brake light and tried and it is still crackling.

Anyone experience this or have a fix?   Please help!

Ryan

It might help if you can share a video. Flip the bike over and spin the wheel. Is it spinning freely? Do you still hear it when you're off the bike and brake?

Corbin Wolf

Just received my RR Plus and this is happening when I use the front brake as well. Checked connections and all seems fine. Does not happen on my wife's RR1. Anyone else figure out why it does this?

Ryan

Quote from: Corbin Wolf on August 24, 2020, 04:51:52 PM
Just received my RR Plus and this is happening when I use the front brake as well. Checked connections and all seems fine. Does not happen on my wife's RR1. Anyone else figure out why it does this?

I'd take a video and send a link to Rad since it is brand new. Be sure to report back to help other forum members.

Altema

Is it a sharp crackling sound, like coins being grinded?