Author Topic: Looking for first e-bike  (Read 4982 times)

Waldo11

• View Profile
Looking for first e-bike
« on: June 26, 2020, 09:03:09 AM »
I have been researching e-bikes for a while and like what I see and read about the RadCity. I live about 2400 km from nearest RadPower store, so I am not likely to be able "to try one on", especially during CoVID-19 times. Are there any pictures available showing a "husky" roughly 6 ft 3 (190 cm) 65 - 75 year old rider? Comfortable riding position will be of prime importance to me.
Thanks!
Waldo11

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for first e-bike
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 12:49:12 PM »
Hi Waldo,

This video is a bit outdated now as Rad only offers 1 frame size for the RadCity, but maybe it still helps you get an idea how it might fit you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2WNItaZa6I

You may also want to consider the RadRover, but I think you're on the right track with the City.

1Eye

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 05:55:21 AM »
Morning Waldo, here is a self proclaimed “fat guy” not sure about height. He’s riding a rad rover so while not the city bike it will give you an idea of ability of rad‘s equipment.

I’m 50 and my wife 5’5 and I ordered the rad rover step-thru bikes. Got hers about a week ago. It is a beast. We love it. Decided on the step-thru because I didn’t want to have to deal with the birth control bar in my older years. Not quit as nimble as I use to be  ;D

I would think the original rover would be a great fit for you and the fat tires offer a lot of stability. Not sure what your riding area is like but here we don’t have any bike lanes so you have to ditch off the road to the berm if cars aren’t particularly friendly so those fatter tires mean less dumps when you hit software ground or gravel.

https://youtu.be/fXoYGtzDtUo

Ty

Gene Pozniakoff

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 01:19:08 PM »
Good morning. Did 29 miles today, all gravel ride along the Missouri River

ericwn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 05:13:57 AM »
Good morning. Did 29 miles today, all gravel ride along the Missouri River
Hey Gene,

How much battery did you have left after the trip?

Cheers,
E.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Waldo11

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 11:41:37 AM »
Thanks for all your help! Much appreciated,

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 11:41:37 AM »