News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RadMini 4 Owners Manual Battery Section Conundrum

Started by RadJohn, July 06, 2020, 07:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

RadJohn

The 2020 RadMini Owners Manual V5-004, page 23, "When the Battery Is Removed" section says:

"• Do NOT operate the bike with the electrical system in the on position, or damage to the electrical system can occur."

What exactly does anyone think that is supposed to mean? Since the ON switch is built into the battery, how can it have any effect on what you do with the bike while the battery is removed? It seems to me that one might have a legitimate reason for wanting to ride the bike a bit with the battery removed while it is charging off-bike, either in an "emergency" or merely to experience the joy of riding, if only for a fleeting moment, a bike that weighs ~8 pounds less than the Mode 0  behemoth we all know so well.

I didn't check to see if the same wording appears in the Owners Manuals of other models, or it's only the Mini that is cursed with this apparent supernatural connection to an off-bike battery.