Author Topic: RadRunner mirror  (Read 7268 times)

Al

• View Profile
RadRunner mirror
« on: June 23, 2020, 09:07:51 AM »
I order a mirror for my RadRunner based off the accessories list I found recommended on here.  It is the Mirrcycle one.  https://amzn.to/3bVuH2g  Due the way the handle bars narrow almost immediately, I can't get it to sit all the way in the handle bar like it is supposed to.  Attached is a picture.  Does anyone have a solution to this?

wkindred

• View Profile
Re: RadRunner mirror
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 10:54:17 AM »
hi al!

i ran into the same issue a couple months ago. the mirror, though awesome, will require modifications to work on the radrunner.

note: be very careful not to lose any parts inside handlebars!

(1) grind down both ends of the "barrel nut" equally until the nut will slide into narrowed section inside handlebars (this will take quite a bit of grinding to achieve the correct length). you'll need to remove a large amount of material from both ends - check often during grinding process as to not remove too much material.

(2) chuck the "small wedge" in a drill (this will take a little ingenuity - i used a piece of bamboo skewer wrapped in electrical tape). use sandpaper (or similar) to reduce diameter of the wedge while spinning with drill - test fit in handlebar frequently during this process being careful not to remove too much material.

(3) loosely assemble mirror components. align wedge pieces and apply small piece of cellophane tape to where wedge pieces meet to keep parts aligned. slide into handlebar and tighten per instructions.

good luck!

- will

« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 12:09:56 PM by wkindred »

Al

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 12:23:01 PM »
Thanks for the response Will.  Good to know that the product doesn't come compatible out of the box for the RadRunner.  I might just order a different mirror and put this one on a different bike.  I don't think I have the tools to grind down the barrel nut.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 06:00:41 PM »
Thanks for the response Will.  Good to know that the product doesn't come compatible out of the box for the RadRunner.  I might just order a different mirror and put this one on a different bike.  I don't think I have the tools to grind down the barrel nut.

Hi Al, I had thought I had a note on that mirror for RadRunner owners but I did not - it is now noted that the mirror isn't compatible with the RadRunner so this doesn't happen again. I will be posting a review of the Hafny handlebar mounted mirrors soon - they are all great options. Otherwise they do sell a bar end one that *might* work since it doesn't go in that far. Here is a link so you can check them out: https://amzn.to/31hrwQG

kojiaiba

• View Profile
    • Aldraskaii
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 12:03:51 AM »
Hi,

personnally i bought a standard motorbike mirror and it looks just great.
French RadRunner + owner

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 12:03:51 AM »