News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RW4 Discontinued?

Started by RadMig, September 03, 2022, 03:17:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

RadMig

Currently out of stock with major problems regarding the safety notice do not ride..Any thoughts?

Trogster

Great.....  I'll double the price of mine when I sell it.

RadMig

Lol... That's worth thinking about!! Brilliant..

Radio Runner

Hmmm? I'll go out on a limb and say a major redesign is happening. Poor decision to ever use a non standard wheel size. This has been an issue with almost every bike manufacturer to try doing something "fresh". When it comes to tire supply you stay with what is standard. There is a reason XtraCycle choose 20" as the rear wheel.

jbroehl

My guess is that it's not out of stock or discontinued. They're closing orders because of the safety issue. Better to simply say it's out of stock. Otherwise, what else would they say: "Temporarily unavailable while we resolve a dangerous tire flaw"  ;)

RadMig

Agreed thank goodness mine has been cleared to ride again

Wasatch

Quote from: jbroehl on September 08, 2022, 01:39:21 PM
My guess is that it's not out of stock or discontinued. They're closing orders because of the safety issue. Better to simply say it's out of stock. Otherwise, what else would they say: "Temporarily unavailable while we resolve a dangerous tire flaw"  ;)

Exactly. No sense selling a bunch of bikes with faulty/dangerous tires installed.

BeachWagon

Quote from: Radio Runner on September 04, 2022, 10:36:43 PM
Hmmm? I'll go out on a limb and say a major redesign is happening. Poor decision to ever use a non standard wheel size. This has been an issue with almost every bike manufacturer to try doing something "fresh". When it comes to tire supply you stay with what is standard. There is a reason XtraCycle choose 20" as the rear wheel.

This is an interesting idea. I could see the RW5 having 20" tires; they could potentially drop the rear rack height even lower.

However, the RW4 has been extremely popular. Where I live, it isn't unusual to see multiple RW4s in the wild when I go on a five mile ride. Those riders are going to still want tires. Making a 22" tire that doesn't pop under normal conditions isn't a major technological hurdle. Rad better get it right this time.