News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Safety Notice regarding your RadWagon 4. Do not ride until further notice.

Started by RadMig, August 31, 2022, 03:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Will You Return Radwagon 4 Due to Safety Hold?

Yes
1 (8.3%)
No
7 (58.3%)
Maybe
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: October 01, 2022, 03:56:30 AM

RadMig

found a close match to the spec at a very reasonable price (25?): CST C-916 3.00-18 TT 47P

TT stands for TubeType, as opposed to TubeLess, so it's designed to work with a inner tube.

The speed rating and weight rating are both higher (175kg - 150kmph/93mph), so I expect the tire to

RadMig

See Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum ?Discussions by Rad Model ?RadWagon ?Inner tube & tire alternatives for RW4

RadMig

RW 4 now suddenly out of stock. It looks like they're not going to sell anymore rw4s until they fix this issue. All of a sudden they're out of stock

RadMig

I'm just thinking right now did we all just get one of the last rw-4s? Here's why.....

RadMig

I have a post in the rw-4 forum titled safety notice do not ride your bicycle. I just got it two weeks ago and was getting into the habit of riding it each morning after my wake up. So basically I've called customer service a number of times over the last 3 days since the safety notice went out. Yesterday they sent me a second copy of the same notice and I called customer service for the 5th time in 3 days. As a customer service representative for a super large online retailer I can tell you what good customer service is because I get 100% csat scores. Also after 2 years with said super large online retailer I just happened to apply to this company for a customer service remote role out of Tampa Florida. That was 3 weeks ago the day before I ordered my RW for. Of course like all of us I've been shopping over a year pining over which bike to buy continually coming back to the rw-4 for my needs. To confirm your point they are uninformed and sound bewildered.. of course they know who I am the second I call in because they are customer service software automatically sees who's calling in and brings up the order on the screen. I'll make one important point that I think has to be stressed being in customer service. They do no sort of customer verification. In fact I'm required to perform three types of verification before I can give any sense of information about that customers order. While I'm one of the maybes on the return poll I posted I don't want to lean on the side of yes returning this bike. Here's another important note they just launched a minimum of two new lines and retired one or two others and there's a big media push on this now. But they are out of stock on the rw-4 now! Coincidence or Prediction? i think not.Did we all  just get one of the last RW4s? And now my first payment is due in 3 days! Any thoughts?

DDD

Looks like the safety notice was updated to include all tires with ribs near the rim:

QuoteAfter further investigation, we identified another tire quality issue on some RadWagon 4 ebikes purchased which may lead to an increased risk of flats. Depending on the results of the inspection we ask you to conduct below, your RadWagon 4 may require replacement parts before it is safe to ride the bike again. We will be providing complimentary parts and service by a local ebike mechanic to repair both issues.

Please stop riding your RadWagon 4 and inspect the tires on your RadWagon 4 according to the instructions below.

RadMig

The company just sent an email with an update on the safety notice those that have smooth side walls on their tires are exempt from the safety notice and can continue to ride their bikes those who have a ribbed sidewall on their rw4 will have to accept new tires parts and a local bike mechanic to do the repair work hope this helps

RadMig

Dear William
Thank you for choosing to ride Rad. We are so happy to have you as a part of our amazing community of ebike advocates. We?re sorry to interrupt your ride, but we have an important update about your ebike.

Last week we sent a notice to customers who recently purchased a RadWagon 4 ebike on or after June 1, 2022. Out of an abundance of caution, we asked them to stop riding while we investigated a potential assembly issue where the rim strip may be misaligned on some RadWagon 4 ebikes. This misalignment could cause the tube to pop early and damage the tire.

After further investigation, we identified another tire quality issue on some RadWagon 4 ebikes purchased which may lead to an increased risk of flats. Depending on the results of the inspection we ask you to conduct below, your RadWagon 4 may require replacement parts before it is safe to ride the bike again. We will be providing complimentary parts and service by a local ebike mechanic to repair both issues.

Please stop riding your RadWagon 4 and inspect the tires on your RadWagon 4 according to the instructions below.

Tire Identification Process and Next Steps:

Since the release of the RadWagon 4 in 2020, different tire types have been used. Please review Figure 1 below to identify which tires are on your RadWagon 4.

Smooth:

If your tire is identified in Figure 1 with a Smooth sidewall, as indicated by the Green Check Mark, your RadWagon 4 is not affected by this notice. You can continue riding your RadWagon 4 ebike. As always, you should conduct a pre-ride safety check and you should never ride on any tire that has damage or defects (cracks, tears, rips, holes).

Ribbed:

If your tire is identified in Figure 1 below with a Ribbed sidewall, as indicated with the Red Warning Sign, please stop riding your RadWagon 4 immediately. These tires need to be replaced before it is safe to ride again. Rad will provide the parts and service at no cost to you. If your tires are replaced, we will also inspect and, if necessary, replace your rim strip material. To assist us in providing you with replacement parts and scheduling complimentary service for you, please complete this form on the Rad website.

Next Steps:

We will send the parts to you and work with you to schedule a complimentary service appointment with a local bike shop for a professional ebike mechanic to replace your tires. We are working feverishly to produce new tires and are expediting replacement parts for the impacted RadWagon 4 ebikes. Unfortunately the process to produce, inspect, and air ship these new parts may take 2-3 months to complete.

We understand that you may rely on your RadWagon 4 for transportation and are sorry for this inconvenience. Your safety is our top priority so we felt it was imperative to alert all RadWagon 4 customers right away rather than wait for the new parts to be ready. We are exploring all options to get you riding as soon as possible. We will provide you regular updates on our progress. We appreciate your patience as we work

RadMig

Dear William
Thank you for choosing to ride Rad. We are so happy to have you as a part of our amazing community of ebike advocates. We?re sorry to interrupt your ride, but we have an important update about your ebike.

Last week we sent a notice to customers who recently purchased a RadWagon 4 ebike on or after June 1, 2022. Out of an abundance of caution, we asked them to stop riding while we investigated a potential assembly issue where the rim strip may be misaligned on some RadWagon 4 ebikes. This misalignment could cause the tube to pop early and damage the tire.

After further investigation, we identified another tire quality issue on some RadWagon 4 ebikes purchased which may lead to an increased risk of flats. Depending on the results of the inspection we ask you to conduct below, your RadWagon 4 may require replacement parts before it is safe to ride the bike again. We will be providing complimentary parts and service by a local ebike mechanic to repair both issues.

Since the release of the RadWagon 4 in 2020, different tire types have been used. Please review Figure 1 below to identify which tires are on your RadWagon 4.

Smooth:

If your tire is identified in Figure 1 with a Smooth sidewall, as indicated by the Green Check Mark, your RadWagon 4 is not affected by this notice. You can continue riding your RadWagon 4 ebike. As always, you should conduct a pre-ride safety check and you should never ride on any tire that has damage or defects (cracks, tears, rips, holes).

Ribbed:

If your tire is identified in Figure 1 below with a Ribbed sidewall, as indicated with the Red Warning Sign, please stop riding your RadWagon 4 immediately. These tires need to be replaced before it is safe to ride again. Rad will provide the parts and service at no cost to you. If your tires are replaced, we will also inspect and, if necessary, replace your rim strip material. To assist us in providing you with replacement parts and scheduling complimentary service for you, please complete this form on the Rad website.

RadMig

Dear William

Smooth:

Ribbed: