News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

"Loop" handlebars

Started by jshill, June 10, 2020, 07:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

jshill

Has anyone had any experience with the "loop" style handlebars other than the Jones? When I position my hands for where I think they would be on the Jones (45-degree sweep-back), I am uncomfortable with the position. Anyone tried either the Surly Moloko (34-degrees) or the Origin8 Strongbow bars (19-degrees)? It's a "guessing game" trying to simulate various bar positions in the garage, just leaned up against a wall! Thanks for any information!

RadJohn

I remember thinking the same thing about the Jones but ended giving one of their Loop H-Bars a try back in 2013 and I'm glad I did, so much so that I bought another later on.

A lot depends on the other aspects of your riding position on the particular bike involved. I was looking for a more upright position on the bikes I put the Jones Bars on, and left the steering tubes as long as I could and used spacers/extenders to lift the bars, trying to get weight off my wrists. Still some of my favorite bikes.   

bcomber

I have a 2018 ROVER. Had an accident... need new handlebars. RAD is back ordered on ROVER handlebars...  Has anyone had success purchasing handlebars that fit RAD bikes from a 3rd party?  Any 3rd party: Amazon, small bike companies, etc?

sc00ter

My beach cruiser has the exact same stem as my RadRunner. It (stem) on my RadRunner is a 1" threadless stem with the handlebar clamp size also being 1". Its actually a weird size combo making handle selection limited. On my beach cruiser I ordered a Promax Impact mini stem that bolted on my 1" threadless fork and accepts "normal" 22.2 handlebars. So now I'm no longer prisoner to 1" handlebars and can run a wider selection of 22.2 handlebars. Hope that confusing info helps you.