News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Test ride a new rover6

Started by kh-radrider, August 22, 2022, 07:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

kh-radrider

I just received my radcity 5 plus and not sure if I want to keep it. I want to try a rover 6. How much more do you lean forward on a rover.

I live in LI NY so no place to do an actual test ride.

Has anyone just ordered two versions to test ride and then returned one of them. Seems like that is what Rad CS says to do.

Rover

I own one of each. Love them both. In truth--they're very close siblings. Almost identical motors. Identical batteries. Same shifters (in most cases, or at least very similar). Both are 7 speed. I ride them the same way (I always minimize my electric support). Last week I rode 38 miles with my Rover and still had 8 bars showing on the battery (not the PAS gauge). All that said, I sit more upright on my City 5 Plus. I have the Suntour seat post 400mm on both bikes which allows me to raise the seat as much as I want. I lean forward a bit more on the Rover. I've thought about adding a stem riser but I find after long rides, e.g. 40 miles, I feel fine. I don't know if this helps. These forums tend to draw people who have problems or grievances (not judging the merits). I've observed the same dynamic on the car forums I've been on for the last 20 years. But these bikes are fabulous. I had 6 ebikes before the RADs, some at the twice the price. Nothing I've had compares to the RADs. Don't know if any of this helps. BTW--I'm 73.

kh-radrider

Thank you for the info. Yes this helps. I am going to add the seat post for some comfort. I changed the seat. I am 5'7" but I am more comfortable with seat up high preventing me from properly reaching the ground so I am wondering if this bike is a good fit for me or not. I purchased the city 5 plus because of the handlebar neck height and upright ride. Otherwise I like the bike and agree after shopping locally the RAD seems as good or better than what I saw. I want to ride a rover to compare. Supposedly a new RAD shop is opening in Brooklyn next month so I may have to go there.

Thank you again for the reply.

Tree

at this point, as far as buying another, I'd wait until the new store in Brooklyn opens so you can go for a test ride, and feel the bike out in person. heck, maybe even buy it in person!

Rover

Quote from: kh-radrider on August 22, 2022, 08:35:39 PM
Thank you for the info. Yes this helps. I am going to add the seat post for some comfort. I changed the seat. I am 5'7" but I am more comfortable with seat up high preventing me from properly reaching the ground so I am wondering if this bike is a good fit for me or not. I purchased the city 5 plus because of the handlebar neck height and upright ride. Otherwise I like the bike and agree after shopping locally the RAD seems as good or better than what I saw. I want to ride a rover to compare. Supposedly a new RAD shop is opening in Brooklyn next month so I may have to go there.

Thank you again for the reply.

I can add I'm 5'8" so similar to you. I like the seat high enough for me to get reasonable leg extension when pedaling. I would think you're fine structurally to be a good fit for the City 5 Plus.