News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Kinda sorry I bought a RR6+

Started by VegasSteve, August 16, 2022, 02:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

VegasSteve

Well, not totally, but their customer service sucks.  A brand new RR6+ came with 3.5-4.5 psi in the tires.  After assembly, I pumped them up to 18 to see how the ride was.  I put about 5-6 miles on it like that.  I wanted to see what a higher pressure would feel like, so I set my pump to 25psi.  At about 22psi the tube had a massive failure, as in it sounded like a gunshot and when I removed the tube, it has a burst in it of about 1 foot!  I can only think the tube was defective and/or it was installed wrong at the factory.

I sent Rad a request for them to replace the tube, explaining what happened in detail.  Today, I get a reply and am told that tubes are a 'wear and tear' item.  Are you kidding me?  A puncture I understand is on me, but a tube blowing up when the pressure was well within the range should be covered on a brand new bike.  To add insult to injury, they sent me an invoice to buy a tube.  Cold day in "H" I will ever buy anything from them again.  I shot them back a request for it to be escalated to a supervisor.

I've learned quite a bit on these forums and just wanted to pass on my experience.

UPDATE:  After posting the above I got this reply:  "I spoke with my team and the photo you included looks like the inner tube was pinched by not being seated properly.  I can cover a replacement at this time but we will be unable to approve in the future."

Well, duh, if I replace the tube and screw it up, then of course that's on me.  I just wanted them to stand behind what THEY did.  So anyway, it looks like it is resolved in my favor after calling them out on it.  I hope you all have a better experience with CS than this, should you need to use it.

onehunkytenor

My initial (pre-sale!) contact with CS absolutely sucked and put me right off the brand. A supervisor swept in and assuaged me with an apology and a $50 coupon. Other contacts have been TOPS. I'm squarely on the fence about this purchase... most concerned about having this puppy stolen. Using two ABUS Granit Extreme 59 Shackle Locks (the cheapest price I could find was here: https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_CA/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/ABUS-GRANIT-Extreme-59-Shackle-Lock/SubProducts/ABUS-GRANIT-Extreme-59-U-Lock-0002). Anyone interested in sharing their thoughts on whether that's enough, besides all the precautions about where to park and how to use the locks? One through the rear wheel and frame, another through the front wheel and frame. Obviously one of those also through the immovable anchor.

Muskie1

Basically junk
I will buy a Aveton locally.  Only waitinn 6 months for a reply.

Tree

Quote from: Muskie1 on October 09, 2022, 09:14:34 AM
Basically junk

ok, now i'll be a jerk.

you've crashed your bike FIVE TIMES. That's not the bike's fault.

Robertpetry

Quote from: Muskie1 on October 09, 2022, 09:14:34 AM
Basically junk

You are complaining about customer service and support and are considering Aventon?   Okie lol

jbfoster

I don't think it matters to much what brand you go with. I was looking to sell my RadRover 5 and go with another brand. I looked and looked and narrowed it down to a few. I went to their forums and all of them were like RAD to one degree, more or less. They all had similar complaints with the bikes and customer service. I'm going to keep my RadRover 5 till it's dead and probably not buy another ebike. The quality is not there on any of them. When I break down I have to walk home. I have no way to transport my ebike. I use my Rover as a daily ride to work 5 miles one way. I will take the car on rainy days.

Jim