Author Topic: Bike Lock  (Read 2603 times)

Chick

• View Profile
Bike Lock
« on: August 16, 2022, 10:08:39 AM »
Hi and good morning. Recommended Bike Lock for My Rad Mini 2.

JimInPT

• View Profile
Re: Bike Lock
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 11:30:06 AM »
Howdy and welcome.

That depends a LOT on your bike and circumstances.  Do you want to quick-lock it when out for a coffee, or leave it outdoors in a city where the neighbors' cars are sometimes found up on concrete blocks in the morning?

I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions once we know your bike model, where you live, where you ride and how you store your bike.  I use an ABUS folding lock for quick-locking the MiniST2 on the spur of the moment, but also carry a very sturdy ABUS U-lock and cable strapped to the rear basket for locking to a tree or if I want a bit more security.  I live in a small town in the woods, by the way, and my bike is in a locked garage at night; crooks don't fare well around here, but I like to be prepared.

This stuff combined is quite heavy, but on an e-bike that's not noticeable to me.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 11:54:30 AM by JimInPT »
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

bagrider91

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2022, 08:19:01 AM »
I've got a RR+ but I've been using a Kryptonite Ulock and then a cable through the wheels if I'm going to be a long time.

Rover

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 04:38:11 PM »

I've got a RR+ but I've been using a Kryptonite Ulock and then a cable through the wheels if I'm going to be a long time.
[/quote]

This is also my locking system for the RR6+ and RC5+

joeliniowa

• On a RAD since 2020
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 11:24:33 PM »
I have a RR+, I have multiple "security systems".   I have the HEXLOX system.  I have 3 ABUS locks.  The 6000 series of flat chain, the 5600 series of flat chain, and the BEAST, the integrated 1060 chain (that's very expensive and heavy, and only ships from the UK)  No one looks at my bike when I have that thing hooked!     PM me & I'll get you part numbers... 

I also got a Lumos Helmet, not security but definitely NOTICED on the road today!
Sorry I haven't used ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM for over 15 years.  Neither should you.  Search my name on FB, YT, TW, & those others.  I've been online since 1992. Most of that time as a Systems & Network Engineer.

PNWRADMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 08:03:24 PM »
Hey @bagrider91 and @Rover - which kryptonite ulock do you use?  I'm noticing most are not quite long enough to fit on the frame/wheel and onto a bike rack.

Fionn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2022, 07:48:28 PM »
What I got was a Kryptonite Evolution Series 4 1090 Anti-Theft Chain 90cm long it's heavy tho!
I don't leave the bike unattended for long and usually leave it where there are security cameras etc.

Ddaybc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2022, 07:56:02 AM »
Hi Fionn. That's what I use as well. I think it's the 90 cm one too. I like the circle on one end as it allows me to link one tire to the bike while allowing the chain to be long enough to loop around a post/pole or bike rack and still tie in the frame.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2022, 07:56:02 AM »