Author Topic: Do you remove the battery when you lock your bike?  (Read 4240 times)

Tree

• View Profile
Re: Do you remove the battery when you lock your bike?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2022, 12:07:02 PM »
No, I don't need to do this as my battery is inside the bike and it is fully secured.

which bike do you have, and how are you fully securing the battery?

jbfoster

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2022, 10:51:00 AM »
No, I don't need to do this as my battery is inside the bike and it is fully secured.

Is there really a Ebike that has a 100% secure battery? Even if there was the thief will just steal the whole bike. In this day and age if a thief really wants it they are going to take it.

Jim

Tree

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2022, 05:26:08 AM »

Is there really a Ebike that has a 100% secure battery? Even if there was the thief will just steal the whole bike. In this day and age if a thief really wants it they are going to take it.

Jim

well, yea, exactly.

But i was curious about the specs, since i don't know of any Rad bike where the battery is inside the bike, but i could be mistaken.

DD

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2022, 05:48:58 PM »
In high crime areas or far away from home it comes with me.

Muskie1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2022, 03:49:55 AM »
 I live in a high  crime area , no issues about  personal safety, always leave protected.  I take battery and seat in. Explan to the staff nothing dangerous.
  Many times I get told just bring it in.

joeliniowa

• On a RAD since 2020
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2022, 07:11:03 PM »
I try to wrap one of my chains around the battery on my RadRunner Plus.  I have all ABUS chains.  The 1060 metro (is a beast) has a good length, and ought to intimidate anyone getting close.  I also have the 6000 & 5600 series flat chain locks.  I find the 5600 works best to just chain a wheel, either wheel, not much more.  I've got one of the ABUS U locks on my next "to get" lists.  I've also added the HEXLOX system to my bike.  Front axle, seat post, and some other misc. buttons.  I put a couple on my handle bar. 

I watch for safe locations, loading docks have camera's and usually a quality railing.  I find the fronts of many professional buildings, have PRETTY, but very crappy bike racks.
Sorry I haven't used ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM for over 15 years.  Neither should you.  Search my name on FB, YT, TW, & those others.  I've been online since 1992. Most of that time as a Systems & Network Engineer.

Altema

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2022, 06:10:06 AM »

Jim

well, yea, exactly.

But i was curious about the specs, since i don't know of any Rad bike where the battery is inside the bike, but i could be mistaken.
The RadRover 6 battery is semi-integrated into the frame, so a chain wrapped around it would be pretty secure. When I think "inside the bike", I usually think of bikes like the Lectric XP where the entire battery is enclosed. This design is secure as long as the thief can't fold the bike to et the battery out, but the battery having no ventilation is also not good in hot climates.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum