Author Topic: Rad Rover 6 Plus: Brakes Wont Build Pressure  (Read 1907 times)

Scatpack

• View Profile
Rad Rover 6 Plus: Brakes Wont Build Pressure
« on: August 14, 2022, 02:35:09 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm struggling with my RAD Rover 6 Plus brakes. I had a caliper making noise and took the caliper off to find my pads were wedged in the caliper. I'd straightened them back out and bleed the brakes. Previously I had no brake due to the pad and now I've got no pressure when I bleed the brakes and get all the air out. What may be the issue and how do I fix it? It has NUTT brand brakes on it.

mjware7

• View Profile
Re: Rad Rover 6 Plus: Brakes Wont Build Pressure
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 11:55:23 PM »
Ditto - had the rear brakes bled 3 times and still "squishy".  Have to pump them to get pressurized.  Not sure what the issues is???

Radiculous

• RadRover6Plus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 08:25:13 AM »
I've had my 6+ for 2 months now and during assembly I noticed the rear rotor was pretty scuffed up which ruined my plans to bed them correctly. Anyway, the rear was a bit more spongy than the front.  A couple of weeks ago the lever went up to the bar and had to pump it to build pressure.  Thought maybe one of my many falls let air into the system. Ordered a bleed kit and some shoes. Then.... before I got to it, they came back to normal.

Dunno what's going on there.

Scatpack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 03:25:33 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling with this. What options do I have to change the entire brake system to some other brand?

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 03:25:33 PM »