Author Topic: Inner Tube Reccomendations  (Read 1130 times)

RadRoverNYCFL

• View Profile
Inner Tube Reccomendations
« on: August 12, 2022, 07:22:23 PM »
I have RR5 with Tannus inserts.  I've had two flats recently (Front and back) and was just using the supplied inner tubes.  I would like some recommendations on replacement inner tubes.  I'm 26X4 tires.

Considering swapping out the Tannus for Mr Tuffy + flat out based on some posts i've read. 

Even if I swap out the tannus, still looking for replacement inner tubes.

OR do I have to match the inner tube size to the type of add'l protection (Tannus vs Mr Tuffy)

Thanks

rjp

• View Profile
Re: Inner Tube Reccomendations
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 05:41:25 AM »
I just ordered 2 Kenda 26x4 tubes from Rugged Nation paid $28.98 plus tax for 2. Kenda tubes where Rad original equipment tubes. They lasted longer than the junk Tannus tubes. After the Tannus tubes failed I installed the Kenda tubes in the Armous and when I switched to FlatOut and Mr. Tuffy liners I used the Kenda tubes again. So I ordered 2 spares from Rugged Nation. Ordered through Walmart.com got deal on 2pk. Good  Luck!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 05:45:35 AM by rjp »

rjp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 05:56:17 AM »
Watch out when you open the tire on the wheel. Make sure the rim liner strip is laying flat on the inside of the rim. I had the liner move to one side and was bent up on one side. The liner material is a stiffer material and cut the inner tube. To stop that from happening again, I centered the liner strip and wrapped it with gorilla tape. Now working good   

crorris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 05:48:13 AM »
They say that the tubes for the Rover with the Tannus Armor are smaller 26x3.0. I found 26x3.o tubes at Dick's Sporting Goods. I bought a few for spares on my long trips. I've ridden almost 500 miles since I put the Tannus Armor in and I haven't needed the tubes yet.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/huffy-inner-tube-20hufu26x400nnrbktam/20hufu26x400nnrbktam?enteredSearchTerm=21392849

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 05:48:13 AM »