Author Topic: Brakes do not disengage hub motor Radcity 4  (Read 1390 times)

jamesmeyers18@gmail.com

• View Profile
Brakes do not disengage hub motor Radcity 4
« on: August 09, 2022, 01:36:59 PM »
I have a radcity 4. I notice when I apply the brakes that the hub motor does not disengage. It stills shows wattage beeing used by the motor on the display. When I stop pedaling the wattage meter on the display goes to zero. I thought whenever the brakes are applied that the motor automatically disengages.
Any thoughts woud be appreciated.

santacruzpaul

• View Profile
Re: Brakes do not disengage hub motor Radcity 4
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 05:17:56 PM »
I have a radcity 4. I notice when I apply the brakes that the hub motor does not disengage. It stills shows wattage beeing used by the motor on the display. When I stop pedaling the wattage meter on the display goes to zero. I thought whenever the brakes are applied that the motor automatically disengages.
Any thoughts woud be appreciated.

Sounds like a controller or brake sensor problem, Are you still under warranty? If under warranty Rad will take care of it eventually. I experienced a bad batch of brake lever sensors a while back, And still have them, But the replacement brake levers improved things to the point I can tolerate it once every 15 miles or so, I just have to tap the brakes to restore all back to normal, With NO data lost on display.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 05:23:07 PM by santacruzpaul »

Caxton Drift

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 06:47:13 PM »
When the brakes are applied on the RadCity4, the motor regenerates power into the battery.
What you're seeing on the display may be regenerative power.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 06:47:13 PM »