Author Topic: Anyone using garage pully lift with rad bike  (Read 5277 times)

1Eye

• View Profile
Anyone using garage pully lift with rad bike
« on: June 02, 2020, 01:16:41 PM »
Looking at pulpy lifts for our bike in the garage to get them up out of the way but know that the bikes are heavy. Wondering if anyone is using anything like that.

cal

• View Profile
Re: Anyone using garage pully lift with rad bike
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 01:11:11 PM »
Is your garage ceiling finished? I'd be really concerned about getting the support screws into good wood. In my case it's impossible to get behind the drywall and install enough support to make me comfortable. I'll probably consider some type of shed for our bikes.

1Eye

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 09:56:57 AM »
No, my rafters are completely open.

I see lots of options but most max out at the 50lbs range and the rad rover step-thru is like 71lbs so was curious. I know I can upgrade the rope to give a high tensile strength and the mounting screws or bolts.

I saw a $10 one at Harbor Freight that I’m going to pick up and see what the build is like. For $10 not a big loss if it won’t work safely.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 08:49:01 PM »
No, my rafters are completely open.

I see lots of options but most max out at the 50lbs range and the rad rover step-thru is like 71lbs so was curious. I know I can upgrade the rope to give a high tensile strength and the mounting screws or bolts.

I saw a $10 one at Harbor Freight that I’m going to pick up and see what the build is like. For $10 not a big loss if it won’t work safely.

Let us know if it works! I've also looked at some of the vertical racks that are wall mounted but I imagine the weight of the bike might make it more of a hassle than it's worth.

1Eye

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 05:01:48 PM »
I saw those but just the thought of lifting these hefty bikes makes my back hurt.

I am going to add a boat trailer ratchet crank to lift and lower them so, happy back :-) Smarter not hard LOL.

I'll share pics, hopefully,, none with a rad power bike through the windshield of my wife's car!!

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 05:01:48 PM »