News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Anyone using garage pully lift with rad bike

Started by 1Eye, June 02, 2020, 01:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

1Eye

Looking at pulpy lifts for our bike in the garage to get them up out of the way but know that the bikes are heavy. Wondering if anyone is using anything like that.

cal

Is your garage ceiling finished? I'd be really concerned about getting the support screws into good wood. In my case it's impossible to get behind the drywall and install enough support to make me comfortable. I'll probably consider some type of shed for our bikes.

1Eye

No, my rafters are completely open.

I see lots of options but most max out at the 50lbs range and the rad rover step-thru is like 71lbs so was curious. I know I can upgrade the rope to give a high tensile strength and the mounting screws or bolts.

I saw a $10 one at Harbor Freight that I'm going to pick up and see what the build is like. For $10 not a big loss if it won't work safely.

Ryan

Quote from: 1Eye on June 04, 2020, 09:56:57 AM
No, my rafters are completely open.

I see lots of options but most max out at the 50lbs range and the rad rover step-thru is like 71lbs so was curious. I know I can upgrade the rope to give a high tensile strength and the mounting screws or bolts.

I saw a $10 one at Harbor Freight that I'm going to pick up and see what the build is like. For $10 not a big loss if it won't work safely.

Let us know if it works! I've also looked at some of the vertical racks that are wall mounted but I imagine the weight of the bike might make it more of a hassle than it's worth.

1Eye

I saw those but just the thought of lifting these hefty bikes makes my back hurt.

I am going to add a boat trailer ratchet crank to lift and lower them so, happy back :-) Smarter not hard LOL.

I'll share pics, hopefully,, none with a rad power bike through the windshield of my wife's car!!