News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Anyone use a layback seatpost?

Started by johnyj7657, August 04, 2022, 08:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

johnyj7657

I've got a radrunner plus on the way for my mother to ride.

I was looking at the tricycle I bought her that she can ride but doesnt really like and noticed that the seat is set back from the pedals so your legs are more in front of you pedaling if that makes any sense.

I was wondering if anyone has used a layback seatpost on a radrunner and how it went?

Radio Runner

Some folk actually lower the seat all the way and sit on the rack mounted seat cushion.

johnyj7657

I've thought.of that but I'm sure if that would be to low.

Figure I'd cover my bases and get a layback post so when the bike arrives I can test all the options and not wait another week if I find I need it.

Wondering if anyone else has tried one yet.  I dont know if it puts the weight to far back and makes the bike likely to pop up or lose traction with the front wheel etc..

chevvies

Yes, I have a Thomson Elite post.

handlebar

I don't know why I didn't see this thread sooner. I put layback posts on my Radrunner 1 and my Radmission. They weren't strong enough, so I used plywood triangles to brace them against the racks.

Getting my butt farther from the steering head improved steering and stability. It's easier on my knees because I don't have to bend them past 90 degrees. I get more torque because I can use my quads more efficiently. Bumps are smoother because I can keep most of my weight on the pedals.